Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM

4 posts, read 17,625 times

Advertisements

oxford and surrounding area,is it good ground to grow garden there? been ther for visits . but did not notice to many jobs,maybe in anniston. what is it like to live in the area year round, and does it snow a ittle, as i will be leavingflorida wher it is very hot and humid. i guess shorts in winter up there is not a good idea. any info on parks or the national forest as i like forest areas. have a great day. sunnysun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,418,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysun View Post
oxford and surrounding area,is it good ground to grow garden there? been ther for visits . but did not notice to many jobs,maybe in anniston. what is it like to live in the area year round, and does it snow a ittle, as i will be leavingflorida wher it is very hot and humid. i guess shorts in winter up there is not a good idea. any info on parks or the national forest as i like forest areas. have a great day. sunnysun
Hot and humid in Oxford, too, and shorts are often useful for winter. Great area for gardening. A tiny bit of snow. Talladega National Forest is fairly close. Welcome to Alabama!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 13,542 times
I live in Anniston, AL, by Fort McClellan. Oxford is a nice area, but getting very crowded. They just erected a new strip mall (for lack of better wording) called Oxford Exchange. It's huge!! The school system is great, but getting overcrowded.

I moved to Anniston 3 years ago from NY, and I love it here.

Welcome to AL!

As for gardening, I have a black thumb and suck at everything I plant. Good luck!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:55 PM

49 posts, read 273,952 times
At one time there was bad chemicals found in the soil in Oxford, AL....maybe in the 90's. Be sure to check this out.
Very high humidity. From what I hear ....it's a growing area.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:23 PM

49 posts, read 273,952 times
Me again......try City-Data.com
You can enter any city & state and get loads of info.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,021 times
I have lived in Calhoun county for the majority of my adult life. Through the years, as with all developing cities, a noticeable change has occurred. Specifically the type of people who one would prefer to not know or be witness to, and especially not to have as a neighbor. Oxford's is known for being a cleaner, quieter, and safer town in comparison to Anniston. Oxfords businesses are for the most part less industry and more retail base, of course with some exception. With newer stores, a more modern approach with overall layout of roads and buildings, and less in town residential development, Oxford is known and feels like a small town with somewhat of a available city lifestyle. I live in a older residential neighborhood more open and quieter than your Hollywood suburbs. My neighbors homes are approx. 150ft or more from my home giving us both a larger layout for yards and more privacy. The area around my home has like everything else changed in time l, living in my home now for 17 years I have watch and notice anything abnormal or new. My road is a small deadend side street with a.total of four homes. So privately secluded for conditions in the city, and has always helped with my closest neighboring home being a renter house. Never having anything except a occasion or two were might hear or see a argument, hear the thumping of a radio, or a barking dog or two through many years and many different renters. However the newest tenant if also different than anyone ever before. She is a younger lady probably early 30's and although has furniture, toys, and everyday possessions making it evident she has children, she lives alone. Being open minded and endless possibilities of the missing children I really paid very little attention to this point. What has been impossible to not notice is a the average of 7 to 15 different men making short visits to her home everyday very few are ever seen again. So putting the obvious context clues together I have a very sexually active and open neighbor, or more likely a prostitute, hooker, for a neighbor now. Sadly enough she also has a boyfriend or at least regularly visiting male partner, who looks to be close.to seventy. I was aware every city and area will always have working women of some type, but this is my first eyewitness experience of the "day to day life". Man after man after man after man pulls into her driveway, looking around noticeable somewhat paranoid, she comes out and greats them, briefly talks, then shows them in. Shortly after, majority within less than 20 minutes, you will either see or hear the guy come out crank his vehicle and leave. One also would give a great deal of chance to drug activities being a everyday part of life with that lifestyle also. I never in a million years would think in a very quiet, older but nice neighborhood like ours here on Garner Street in Oxford Alabama would a woman be so arrogantly not concerned with even trying to conceal her actions. Myself until a issue arrives were actions need put in motion I am not going further than this post. I do make it a point with precautionary measures, door locks, exterior lightning, and always having my conceal carry on my body at all times and the sawed off 12 gauge by the bed every night. Hopefully she will do something different, or move without ever being any issue or infecting our yards with uncontrollable crabs and pube lice . Can't believe a woman is so dependent on people taking care of, and completely financially supporting her, that she can accept multiple men whom she has never met or likely will again a mix of all types colors sizes and backgrounds not only visit her home but to perform whatever acts in whatever ways they have agreed to. In ways I feel bad for anyone in that situation, many are forced yet she has made the choice to use her holes what most consider a special sharing between two people, meant for pleasure of the body, mind, and heart. I would think once you have accepted and faced the reality of letting complete strangers, or even just letting anyone put his penis inside you until they are satisfied with no concerns for you in anyway. To do this must be hard, at least one would think but Christa Cheuvront Holcomb has let men have sex with her in direct trade for drugs, no single person is perfect, and no sin is measurably worse than another in God's eyes. However just being a woman with the.knowledge that.you traded a special part of yourself, gave away what is unmeasurably priceless with a person who loves you, although it also is shared more casually. Having the replays of the conversation with the man to work out specifics of trading drugs to feed you addiction, accepting and actually going through with that and very very soon the drugs a are gone and all your left with in your head and your heart, except the scars you will always carry and the shame and diagust you and anyone who cares about you feel and will never forget. Sadly by definition doing this affects your chances of repeating a simular very possible worse, which really can't het any just more detailed or extreme event happening if ever needed to support herself with money or to feed a addiction. The most shameful part is by definition this woman is a *****, hopefully a he will truly ask for forgiveness and be able to forgive herself, but for the rest of life anytime someone calls her or a he hears the word ***** she will know inside at that point in her life she purposely choose to be a cheap ***** and let a disgusting nasty ass guy who is known for shooting up Meth **** her, let him put his penis in her over and over, and the ***** probably even liked it, so excited to get her dope. Well you never know, everything happens for a reason, there is some reason a he chose to be a ***** we may never understand but it's true it does make it easily understandable when bad things keep happening to her no mater having direct affect or not at that moment, one shouldn't really worry or wonder why you just can't catch a break and life keeps ****ing you, it's because you already let life and everybody else **** you, so your gonna have to start admitting some major things to yourself and be accountable for all the times you purposely ****ed people, literally and narritively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama