Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 PM

24 posts, read 52,859 times

Advertisements

I am not sure about the property tax or any of that since i rented when i lived there. My husband is from the florence (shoals area). I loved it when i moved there its a nice town with alot to do and alot of places to go out to eat considering the size of the town. I wish i still lived there. And when i get to the age to retire i want to own a lake house there. The houses are very affordable and as far as the property tax i've heard from my mother in law and other in laws that its pretty cheap. Atleast compared to my mothers taxes which are 5,600 a year in texas yikes. We are save money just to move back to alabama. Last time i had a license fee I think it was around 50.00 or so. Which is alot cheaper then my registration fee of 75.00 in NM. I know they have rules about the alcohol. They changed the law though right before i moved. They can't sell it on sunday but i like i said they changed it so im not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,723 times
To find out all about Florence, check out the Facebook page Remembering Florence, over 3000 photos

Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,723 times
Default Florence

Checkout Rembering Florence on Facebook, over 3000 photos, great site

Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 PM

231 posts, read 595,199 times
Default Can you share your views on Florence, Alabama

Florence is a neat place. Tn. river very close. Some evidence of growth. Yes, Alabama has an "ABC" system, but thats not a problem. Personal tax? Well there are property taxes, but they are very low compared with what you are accustomed to. Alabama has an income tax. Muscle Shoals and Tuscumbia are sister Cities[towns] located adjacent to Florence. Housing prices would be comparatively low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama