Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 03:50 PM

28 posts, read 54,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiway 231 View Post
Hi Midwest_4, come on down to Dothan. It will be hot in August. There are plenty of apartment buildings in Dothan you should be able to find something to rent. Whether you attend church or not, you will not feel out of place. The house insurance cost will be a lot less in Dothan compared to Fairhope. Good luck.
Hi Hiway 231 - Are there townhouses or condos for rent in Dothan that are side by side? I would think 'yes'. I'm just beyond the point in my life where I will want a neighbor living above or below me. Also, what is your opinion of the night life in Dothan or surrounding areas. I would like somewhat of a night life beyond just the bar scene. And one last question for now....what are the beaches that some are referring to in this string? Thanks again if you or anyone else has time to reply....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 06:11 PM

401 posts, read 557,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_4 View Post
Hi Hiway 231 - Are there townhouses or condos for rent in Dothan that are side by side? I would think 'yes'. I'm just beyond the point in my life where I will want a neighbor living above or below me. Also, what is your opinion of the night life in Dothan or surrounding areas. I would like somewhat of a night life beyond just the bar scene. And one last question for now....what are the beaches that some are referring to in this string? Thanks again if you or anyone else has time to reply....
I am sure there are side by side townhouses in the area. You can probably do a rental search on your computer or use realtor.com. Other than restaurants, the night life is probably pretty quiet around Dothan. Panama City Beach is only about 85 miles south of Dothan.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM

22 posts, read 73,124 times
Panama City Beach, Destin, Mexico Beach, Pensacola....there are several beaches within 2 hours of Dothan. There are townhomes and condos but it depends on what your budget is. You are on your own as far as night life goes though. If you are looking for a laid back night life you would probably do better getting even closer to the beaches.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM

28 posts, read 54,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natas View Post
Panama City Beach, Destin, Mexico Beach, Pensacola....there are several beaches within 2 hours of Dothan. There are townhomes and condos but it depends on what your budget is. You are on your own as far as night life goes though. If you are looking for a laid back night life you would probably do better getting even closer to the beaches.
Hello - Would you have an opinion regarding cost of living in Fairhope compared to Dothan? I've been seaerching some townhome sites are the rent is quite reasonable. Also any idea of the nighlife and downtown area in Fairhope? Thanks much

Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 PM

while fairhope is smaller, I feel it has more culture due to it's location. I am not sure about the difference in cost of living. it depends on what kind of place you really want as far as amenities. dothan is bigger so there are more choices but fairhope is a funky little town IMO.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:27 PM

52 posts, read 178,652 times
I like Dothan nice little city which has grown quite a bit throughout the years.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 PM

the only bad thing about dothan is the small town politics. if you can ignore that, everything else is ok.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM

10 posts, read 77,140 times
Default Dothan area

We too are looking to move to the Dothan area. Is there a Walmart in the area? He wants out in the county, between Dothan and the Fl line. Any suggestions? We dont have children in school so thats not an issue. Thinking about wintering in the area and in Tennessee during the summer. What temps can we expect in the winter and how much snow/rain?
Thanks

Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Default Dothan

There are 2 Walmarts in Dothan, along with 2 Lowes and HD. There are even several Publix grocery stores along with the usual stores. Maybe not Pottery Barn but there is a Steinmart and shopping centers and a mall. Dothan is really a nice town with alot going for itself. It even hosts a professional tennis tournament along with the NAtional Peanut Festival. Seriously, not a bad place to live at all if you want small town but not so small that there are no choices. Good medical facilities there too.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:13 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Default snow in Dothan

Sorry I forgot to adress that issue or non issue. If there is measureable snow it is an EVENT!!!!! I do not beliebe you will see much. It is cold here when it gets in the 50s and there are days with highs in the 40s just not a lot of them thank goodness. Summers are hot but you would expect that down here. That is why air conditioning was invented .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama