Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM

297 posts, read 1,296,392 times

Advertisements

City-Data helps one to find out information about different places, whether it's for a possible job move or just to find a new place to travel to. I've enjoyed ever minute that I've spent on City-Data and 95% of the people are helpful and nice in their responses to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,757 times
I am visiting this website to find a home. Chelsea is absolutely the friendliest and prettiest little town around the Birmingham area!
My mother has lived here for over 17 years and has a beautiful home on a 33-acre lake on Chelsea Road. I have been taking care of her after her hip surgery and broken leg, but it is time for me to move on. I HATE the idea of having to leave! I have been feeding the fish every morning and every evening for so long! I literally have the catfish eating from my hand.
Back to my reason for visiting this website... I need to find a place to call home within the next 3 weeks, if possible. I would love to stay in the Chelsea area, but would be willing to leave if I had to.
I am a single female looking for anything from a garage apartment to a house for rent. I have driven all over the area every chance that I get, but have found very little. Oh! There is one house about 4 miles from here that I would love to get info on. The address is 6341 Chelsea Road. It is empty and had a HUD sign in the window. I haven't been able to reach anyone about it.
I would be willing to pay a "finder's fee" to anyone that could help me find a small place to call home in the Chelsea area. I thank you for taking the time to read my reply and God bless you!
Sincerely,
Sherry Shiflett

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM

763 posts, read 3,827,086 times
Shirley:

Contact a realtor immediately about the house you are interested in. IF it has a HUD sign on it - it may be a foreclosure.

I'd also check al.com (the electronic version of the Birmingham News) for rentals in your desired area...

john

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM

25 posts, read 24,060 times
why am I on...?

lived in a lot of places and have opinions based on experience..in AL and many other states..

I contribute to offer another perspective not to be liked, or join a cyberclique like a lot of people seem to do ...some even seem dogmatic and a bit too personally involved/ some others seem to act like they OWN the forums

some mods are pretty good, a few others seem to be easily offended about competing points of view

Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 AM

136 posts, read 594,563 times
Saw your posting so I am here to help!!! I will be glad to answer your questions.

The HUD Foreclosure on Chelsea Rd is still available and they are asking $133k. It is a 3BR/2BA but shows that it is not FHA Insurable which means that there is at least $5k worth or work to be done to the house.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-18-2007 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: sorry.. removed I am realtor..

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 22,011 times
Why am I on? I have used city-data for quite sometime, to find information about areas all over the country. I love living here in Alabama, and thought I would finally get around to helping others out with information. I too, am a Realtor and prior Air Force wife. We have moved all over the country and I have found city-data to be a great spot for asking questions and getting the answers from the folks that know! My children love it here too. So much to do and everyone is so very friendly!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,197 times
I'm here because active forums with Alabama residents are pretty hard to come by! I've lurked for a day and like the discussions both here and in the general forum areas, so here I am

Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 AM

38 posts, read 153,060 times
Default Birmingham

What's B'ham like? I'm looking for a new place to move to w/Southern flavor! I'm originally from LA, have lived in Houston & San Antonio, TX for the last 5-6 years and ready for a change. It's waaaay too hot in TX! Any comments?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:36 PM

763 posts, read 3,827,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASandy View Post
What's B'ham like? I'm looking for a new place to move to w/Southern flavor! I'm originally from LA, have lived in Houston & San Antonio, TX for the last 5-6 years and ready for a change. It's waaaay too hot in TX! Any comments?
Hi Sandy:

I have lived in both San Antonio and Birmingham...compare and contrast:

1) Weather - Birmingham's summers are similar to Houston's but a little less humid and definitely shorter. The hot weather starts in late May and ends in mid-September. You then have a long and beautiful Fall, followed by a short winter and a beautiful Spring - 4 seasons!!

2) Birmingham has great suburban school systems and very good restaurants.

Can I help with anything else? What do you do for a living?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 PM

38 posts, read 153,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo35223 View Post
Hi Sandy:

I have lived in both San Antonio and Birmingham...compare and contrast:

1) Weather - Birmingham's summers are similar to Houston's but a little less humid and definitely shorter. The hot weather starts in late May and ends in mid-September. You then have a long and beautiful Fall, followed by a short winter and a beautiful Spring - 4 seasons!!

2) Birmingham has great suburban school systems and very good restaurants.

Can I help with anything else? What do you do for a living?
No need to worry about schools, my 3 daughters are grown & married! As my sceenname implies, FASandy stands for "flight attendant Sandy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama