U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:46 PM

8 posts, read 52,482 times

Advertisements

Need help finding location.and information on times open , and days of the week.. of an Exotic Animal Auction that I have heard about, in or around Hanceville , Al.

I need all the information that I can get on this Auction.
Thanks for all Ya'lls help...... Diane
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 31,554 times
Default Noahs Ark Auction

203 County Road 591, Hanceville - (256) 739-7123

Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 25,629 times
I just called and they hold the auction the third (3rd) Saturday each month...

Old 05-16-2009, 07:06 PM

528 posts, read 1,311,484 times
Interesting.....what kind of exotic animals are offered for auction? And WHY?

Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 PM

15,012 posts, read 16,010,557 times
I hope you don't feel the need to buy a baby tiger for a pet or something. in too many states the sale of wild exorics are legal. they end of with bad health becuse the people who buy them don't now enough about the right kind of food to feed them and most do not have the space of nowledge needed to care for them properly. very sad these things

Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM

528 posts, read 1,311,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I hope you don't feel the need to buy a baby tiger for a pet or something. in too many states the sale of wild exorics are legal. they end of with bad health becuse the people who buy them don't now enough about the right kind of food to feed them and most do not have the space of nowledge needed to care for them properly. very sad these things

Oh heavens NO, I have no interest in buying a tiger, monkey, polar bear, or any other exotic animal! I'm just curious as to what exotic animals they sell and, more importantly, why there would be enough exotic animals to have an aution on a regular basis? I hope there are controls in place so that purchased animals are going to a place where they receive proper care. But I remain curious!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM

4,925 posts, read 10,248,207 times
The most common exotics I see in this area are some of the ones most likely to be able to make a go of if they get loose--pythons. I don't see the attraction of a snake as a pet, but each to his own.

But, I'm not real fond of the idea of a snake that can live in our mild climate, thrive, and get over 20 feet long...

Ladydiane or ynot, if you go, let us know what you see!

Old 08-18-2009, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 27,141 times
They evidently have four two-day auctions a year, as well as the typical monthly one, the other eight months.

The oddest thing I think I've seen there was a capybara, and once a bobcat, though there's certainly a selection of more "garden-variety" exotics, such as buffalo or ratites. There are a number that wouldn't actually qualify as exotics, so there can be a wide range.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 24,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydiane View Post
Need help finding location.and information on times open , and days of the week.. of an Exotic Animal Auction that I have heard about, in or around Hanceville , Al.

I need all the information that I can get on this Auction.
Thanks for all Ya'lls help...... Diane

i just need to know when the auction is and where my family and i are wanting to get a monkey so if you could e-mail me the info about the exotic animal acution that would me nice!!
[EMAIL="lindsay.driver@yahoo.com"]lindsay.driver@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 21,488 times
Beengoing to these auctions in al==tn for over 4 yrs and its more of a selling than an auction. Sellers and auctioneers get the going rate for sometimesa sick or unwanted animals that are flawed wont breed etc. Most animal lovers do care for their animals its the curious who buys the monky for $ 2000 to discover it does bite like hell and does crap everywhere and thus the monkey becomes the victim===then the animal activist gets the blame if you want an exotic ==research the animal/bird and ensure thats what you want and can deal with---then find someone who raises them. Exotics are expensive to buy--to keep and to raise and some vets wont touch them due to lack of knowledge. $50k fine in ga for example to give an exotic feline a rabies shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama