Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

8 posts, read 31,565 times

Advertisements

you can just send an application to the personnel office. Some will require you to come to Alabama and take an exam. Once your application has been accepted, and your exam score calculated (if necessary), you are placed on the register and scored. If you place in the top 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onapthanh View Post
People aren't getting raises either. I remember they were hiring like crazy pre-proration. Most of the accounting jobs are in Montgomery. There may be some accounting jobs in the Mobile area
Gov Bentley recently announced that he will un-freeze merit raises starting Jan 1st (just in time for his re-election bid)

There have been no raises since 2008. I started working for the state in 2009, so yeah, it'll be nice, if it happens.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 AM

13 posts, read 43,938 times
I used to work for the State Personnel Department in Montgomery over a decade ago. Back then, when you applied for a state job, you chose which areas you were available to work in. There just may not be a lot of accounting jobs with the state in Dothan or Mobile. The overwhelming majority of these jobs will be in the Montgomery area. So, it may be a long while before you hear anything, or you may need to update your availability to show that you are available to work in the Montgomery area.

Also, yes, the state DOES use a register system. Some jobs require a written exam, while other jobs will rank you based on your experience and education. Have you received a postcard telling you where you are ranked on the register, or telling you when and where to take an exam? If not, then it is possible that State Personnel never received your application. I THINK it is possible now to go to their website and see where you stand -- I know you can apply online now, but that's a recent development and wasn't in place when I worked there, so I'm not sure how that works.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 933 times
For my performance of the exam, I was placed in Band 5 for Financial Support Worker a Open Competitive Register. Did I do bad on this written exam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama