Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,110,788 times

Advertisements

gotta share a cute story about " the cold" on the way down

We tool the long way down thru Eastern Kentucky. (drove 960 miles first day and stayed overnight in southern part of Lexington)
About 7:30 that morning (temp at 27) we filled up with gas at Richmond KY ( or tried to)
After pumping for about 10 minutes, I gave up and went inside. The young clerk said--------"$4.00 please" ---------I asked what the problem was cuz I pumped 10 minutes and only got a little over a gallon.
She gave a blank stare and said---" pumps are slow because it's cold out"
i talked with the other angry people filling up and they laughed ( they figured the station was running out of gas)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 PM

182 posts, read 898,330 times
Speaking of cold, WHY is it always about 10 degrees colder where I live (on Sicard Hollow near Grants mill Rd) in the winter than anywhere else in B'ham and 10 degrees hotter in the summer?!

I almost busted my butt this morning when I was leaving for work and didn't realize the deck had a layer of frost on it. Grrr

Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 AM

629 posts, read 3,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2Bham View Post
Speaking of cold, WHY is it always about 10 degrees colder where I live (on Sicard Hollow near Grants mill Rd) in the winter than anywhere else in B'ham and 10 degrees hotter in the summer?!

I almost busted my butt this morning when I was leaving for work and didn't realize the deck had a layer of frost on it. Grrr

I guess if your in a Holler........warm air rises.........down in the holler it's colder?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:48 PM

763 posts, read 3,823,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2Bham View Post

I didn't know you were on Sicard Hollow....I thought you lived in Trussville...who am I confused about??

Old 11-30-2007, 02:58 PM

410 posts, read 1,646,998 times
mp33 lives in Trussville.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:12 PM

763 posts, read 3,823,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleC View Post
mp33 lives in Trussville.
I knew I was confused...thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,790 times
MarMac, we live in Central Kalifornia, but have bought a 5 acre retirement spread between Henagar and Sylvania just west of Ft. Payne. May get out there in another 3-4 yrs. The more I visit and learn about the area, the more jazzed I get. Low taxes, 'an homes are spread out on acreage. Rainsville, a town of only 5,000 has more restaurants, medical services, and businesses than towns of 30,000 around here in CA. You can walk into a Home Depot or Lowe's and someone will ask, "Can we help you?" Check out that little Dekalb fishing lake by Sylvania (rowboat $3.50 a day) or take in some live gospel or bluegrass in downtown Ft Payne on a Saturaday nite. You can't go wrong!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,110,788 times
I agree ,SoSauty, On Nov 11 , after church, we went to Kathy's Catfish to eat outside of Rainsville. It was great. Afterwards we went to the lake at Sylvania, talked with a local guy who was fishing, and then slowly drove to the other side of the lake and went for a hike.
The day was sunny and the fall colors were gorgeous ! We also did a "drive by" look at a house for sale a little ways off hwy #40 about 2 miles from I-59 heading towards Henagar. Pretty area with pastures and beef cows.

Perhaps we will run into each other in Alabama in the future.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:26 PM

169 posts, read 547,410 times
hi everybody.........has anyone tried the wood fired pizza at Bettola (next to Pepper Place) in B/ham...........whatcha think?

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM

58 posts, read 222,040 times
Post Alabama Chat

Howdy All I'm new to the Alabama chat forum, got tired of chatting in the Georgia forum. Hope it's okay to switch sides. What's going on in Alabama? Grandma was from RockRun, anybody from there? Grandpa had roots in Cherokee. Reckon I'm Alabama by heart. Spent alot of time in Cherokee some years back on Lake Weiss, had a place there. Gave it up, long story. I miss Alabama, friendly people, made to feel at home. Not to mention great fishing. But I reckon ya'll are in the same spot we are in here in Georgia. No water. But as long as I can find a mudhole, you'll find me fishing!!!!! Peace to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama