Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 8,743 times

Advertisements

I'm a retired school administrator, andI hope you will investigate the Oxford area before making a decision on where to live. Oxford is a small city of about 20,000 located about 12 miles of Lincoln on I-20. We have an excellent school system with a very positive reputation among educators. The Oxford city government is progressive, very financially supportive of its schools, and it provides a wide range of city services to residents. Many Oxford residents have relocated from other states, and most seem pleased with their decision to live here. You might check the following websites for local information:

City of Oxford: City Home Page

Oxford City Schools:Board of Education - Home

Oxford, Alabama (AL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Also, a list of Alabama schools offering degrees in nursing can be found at:

Alabama Nursing Schools (http://www.allnursingschools.com/find/Alabama/nursing-schools.php - broken link)

Last edited by HerbG; 12-03-2007 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 AM

3 posts, read 7,798 times
Lightbulb colleges near lincoln

1. gadsden state community college--gadsden, AL
2. jacksonville state university--jacksonville, AL
3. jefferson state--birmingham

Old 08-13-2008, 07:55 AM

7 posts, read 14,679 times
Did he get the job? What job is it? Does he like it?...currently looking at a posibility of working there. I'm in Lansing

Old 11-26-2008, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 10,015 times
Default hi

Lincoln is the most progressive city in the county. the schools are very good and all have been constructed since 2001. the football team made it 3 games into the playoffs, 2 from the championship. the city just completed a 4.5 million recreation park. the old downtown has been approved for a streetscape grant and work should begin in jan 09. Lincoln is about 45 miles from UAB and 37 from Jacksonville both have good nursing programs. Lincoln has lots of new folks with some 22 new subdivisions built since 2001. numerous churches but no catholic, lutherian or jewish yet but all are close by. retail is lacking due to low population but with the positive attitude toward growth it is just a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegFromDetroit View Post
Mornin'!!! My husband just told me a about a possible job offer in Lincoln, AL. We currently live in Detroit and I do not know much about that area or AL for that matter. We have 2 small children that wont be starting school for a few years but if you move I want to make sure it is to a good school district... any advise? I am going to school currently for nursing and would need to find a college or university to transfer to. Are there any good colleges in that area I could look into? This would be a big move for us seeing as we would be leaving all our family and friends here. We do not know anyone there to give us the ins and outs. Any advise is greatly appreciated. ~ Meg

Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 AM

22 posts, read 230,667 times
The good advice is to stay in Michigan. If you must leave go ahead, but why leave when Alabama has it's own people to work for it and Michigan needs you to stay. Please don't say your husband is going to work for Honda

Old 11-27-2008, 12:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue water lake View Post
The good advice is to stay in Michigan. If you must leave go ahead, but why leave when Alabama has it's own people to work for it and Michigan needs you to stay. Please don't say your husband is going to work for Honda
Because the unemployment rate in Michigan is 10%. In the Birmingham metro area, it's 4.5%.

Look, we know you love your state and respect that. But they have to do what it takes to put food on their table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama