Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 33,159 times

Advertisements

My husband, 6 year old daughter, and myself will be relocating to Auburn, AL at the end of May. We are working with a relocation company and are unfortunately on their timeline right now, so it looks like we may need to rent for a little while prior to making an offer on a new home. Are there any family friendly, short-term leases in the Auburn area? I will be working in Tallassee, AL so we plan to purchase a home on the West Side of Auburn, so I would like to be able to rent in this same general area, due to my daughter being in school. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM

7 posts, read 20,541 times
Most of the rentals and apartments in Auburn are for college aged people. My wife and I rented a duplex while we were looking for a permanent home to purchase. There is very little wiggle room for terminating a lease early. We were forced to sign a 1 year lease even though we planned on living there no more than 6 months. Also, with it being a college town, there was noise constantly.

There are some apartments right off exit 51 called The Fairways. I will try to link it. I'm not sure about the lease terms, but it is worth a call. I think it is far enough away from campus that you wont have to worry much about parties.

http://www.auburnapartmentguide.com/...at-Auburn.html

Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
You might want to look at Opelika. It is really smack next to Auburn, but it has more adults and fewer students.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:57 PM

115 posts, read 323,554 times
It's very difficult to find a family rental period in Auburn. We rented a house in Auburn and found it through Craigslist. We paid a lot more for this then you would expect. The rental market is very, very strong in Auburn. The housing market, not so much, so there's a lot of reasons to buy...except for the obvious one-that you might want to sell soon. :-( good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama