Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:44 AM

73 posts, read 434,179 times

Advertisements

Well Now , Welcome to Arab, glad you could join us, just remember I make tall grass short and put bushes where theres not any, See I cant advertise but I can tell you what I do, If you need anything just ask for Rick, every body know old Rick. Been helping keep Arab beautiful for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Dixie View Post
Well Now , Welcome to Arab, glad you could join us, just remember I make tall grass short and put bushes where theres not any, See I cant advertise but I can tell you what I do, If you need anything just ask for Rick, every body know old Rick. Been helping keep Arab beautiful for years now.
I can also tell you where the resturants with the best rating is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suliniber View Post
Yes nalabama, I will keep you posted on my survival / progress in Arab. So far so good. Perhaps I should run for the Mayorship position to see how many votes, if at at all, I get. If I don't win, I will say it is my age- too old.
Why not ? you wouldn't have any opposition, the current mayor was appionted and he's an insurance broker, the real mayor decided he wanted another position as Emergency Management Director , so he took it. You'd have as good a chance as anybody else in town. If I wasn't so busy doing lawn & Landscaping whooops !( I mean making tall grass short and putting bushes where theres not any) I'd take a shot at it myself . I'd look good driving around in that new Chevy Taho. Im just jousting, I love this place and everybody in it.

Last edited by Marka; 01-07-2007 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Suliniber, we are all so glad you haven't had any of that sort of "fun". And yes, that's exactly the way it has happened elsewhere according to some accounts. Hope all stays good.

Now, where do we send those campaign contributions?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM

Location: Wherever the are junk homes: Lawrence County Alabama, Huntsville Alabama and Birmingham Alabama
69 posts, read 267,621 times
Sorry I have been out enjoying the beautiful Arab Country. I will be back to respond to the wonderful people who have been so nice. Yes I am loving this place called Arab in the middle of Alabama. Right, I will soon give everybody thge address where to send those contributions for Mayoral Compaign. Sincere!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Default Arab is a really nice place

I moved here a little over a year ago from Tpa and wouldn't move back to FL for any amount of money. Mosquitoes and flies are the biggest problem I have seen here during the summer months. I have met several people here who also recently moved from Central FL and opened their own businesses. There is good and bad about everyplace but I have found the people friendly and the living reasonable. My property and homeowners ins are much less than in FL. The vets are awesome. The one I use has a barn for horses. Their fees are MUCH less than my vet in FL plus they don't do automatically do test that run up the bill. My vet bill went from $125.00 for a vist to $45.00.

Hope this helps

Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,330 times
Got a question for anyone in Arab who would know. I definitely love the quietness of the town. I lived in Montgomery AL for 20+ years and I am glad to find some peace. I am a consultant of Rodan and Fields. I am trying to get started in the area, looking for business minded people who love a good challenge and are interested in residual income. I have been told though that the people are rather reserved and hard to get through to. Is there any other new business owner having the same problem? I love the town to live in. It is slow going on the business end.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
There are a several new ppl who have started businesses but they are all store based. Best place to meet ppl here is church. Check out the chamber of commerce and set up a booth at the monthly downtown yard sale. It is cheap to setup a booth..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama