Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2006, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,992 times

Advertisements

Hi, we just moved to Beulah recently from Georgia, and I have no idea where anything in this area is.

I would love to find a public library where I don't have to go through so much to get a card. I tried the Opelika library and in order to get a card there I have to go to Horseshoe Bend, wherever that is, LOL, and if I am lucky after I donate a kidney I may be able to get a card at Opelika.

So, can someone please tell me where a person who:

1. Lives in Beulah
2. Has a Cusseta address
3. Knows where NOTHING is located

get a public library card that I don't have to drive 40 plus miles to use?

Thanks,

Wendy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM

12 posts, read 139,167 times
Hello,

I live in Beulah also on HWY 29n. I have an Opelika address. I think the person at the Opelika library must not have understood what you wanted or was too lazy to get it for you. There should be no reason to go to Horseshoe bend for a card. Horseshoe bend is up near lake Martin.

Try going to the Valley library if you hadn't yet. It is right on HWY 29 next to Arbys/Wal Mart.

Jim
cowboy67111@yahoo.com

Disregard my last. Please see below...

http://www.opelika.org/depts/library...brarycard.html

How to get a library card
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alabama State law considers children under the age of 19 minors. The Library requires minors (18 and younger) living in the same household as their parent(s) to have a parents signature to obtain a library card. Persons living inside the city limits of Opelika may obtain a card with proper identification and proof of their 911 address.

Persons obtaining cards for their child(ren) ages three and older need to provide parents proof of ID and residency. Parents are responsible for all materials checked out on their child's card.

Persons living outside the city limits of Opelika, may obtain a card if they provide proper identification, proof of their 911 address and meet one of the following requirements:

Employed full-time (32 hours p/w or more).

A full-time student at Southern Union State Community College: 12 hours or more.

Pay city taxes or use Opelika utilities.

Persons living outside the city limits, not employed in city limits, not paying city utilities or taxes, may obtain a card by:

Applying for a Horseshoe Bend Regional Library (HBRL) card, requiring two forms of identification and proof of 911 address.

The same information is required when parents apply for a child's HBRL card for their child(ren).

Pay an annual fee of $10.00 for a Library card.

Last edited by Marka; 07-26-2006 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
View detailed profiles of: