Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:13 PM

213 posts, read 765,872 times

Advertisements

Any idea of the percentage of Hispanic population in Foley now? We haven't been through there in 13 years, but looking to relocate to either Foley, Summerdale, Robertsdale, Elberta or Lillian. Thanks for any input on any of these areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 12:27 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,098,175 times
This is from City-Data's own Foley, Alabama information page:

[LEFT]Races in Foley:
  • White Non-Hispanic (71.4%)
  • Black (21.9%)
  • Hispanic (4.6%)
  • Other race (1.3%)
  • Two or more races (1.1%)
  • American Indian (1.0%)
[/LEFT]

Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 PM

364 posts, read 528,100 times
I don't know what the percentage is but I believe it is way more then 4.6% Wal Mart or any Catholic church in the area makes you feel as though you are really in United States of Mexico.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:51 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,229,683 times
The non-Hispanic race in Foley is 94.17 % which means the percent of the population who have indicated their ethnicity as non-Hispanic. The person can be Hispanic and of any other race which is why the total of the race categories is over 100%. This figure comes from Sperling's Best Places.

Therefore, this is most likely the reason why Wal-Mart and the Catholic Church look like one is in the US of Mexico as many people are of mixed races. I hope that makes sense.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:55 PM

364 posts, read 528,100 times
There are alot of illegal Mexicans in and around Foley that would be register in statistics.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:03 PM

13 posts, read 106,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
Any idea of the percentage of Hispanic population in Foley now? We haven't been through there in 13 years, but looking to relocate to either Foley, Summerdale, Robertsdale, Elberta or Lillian. Thanks for any input on any of these areas.
Foley and Robertsdale has a lot of hispanic people and half the store in Robertsdale are now spanish stores or restaurants.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:04 PM

13 posts, read 106,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
My entire neighborhood is hispanic but everybody is really nice whether they are legal or not.
i don't really care about that

Old 03-20-2009, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 28,100 times
[quote=msjbrent;523388]I don't know what the percentage is but I believe it is way more then 4.6% Wal Mart or any Catholic church in the area makes you feel as though you are really in United States of Mexico.[/QUOTE

Not trying to be rude but i see you have been so negative about the hispanic population on two other threads. Having lived all over the great US, Foley has the least amount of Hispanics than anywhere else. Yes they are there, but so what, so are you. The amount of people who live in Foley that are not Hispanic are significantly larger than those who are. As for cheap labor? Around here, they pay more than alot of major cities including, Washington DC, Alexandria VA, anywhere in Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, Etc, etc. Also, you really don't know what it is like to have so many illegals in your area that the billboard signs are printed in spanish instead of english and there is an ICE raid every night.

If you want the real facts about foley then I suggest going to the City of Foley's website. They will have all the information that is correct as of the last census. Foley is an extremely safe place to live and very family oriented and there is always something going on.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,675,786 times
[quote=kitkatm;7971294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
I don't know what the percentage is but I believe it is way more then 4.6% Wal Mart or any Catholic church in the area makes you feel as though you are really in United States of Mexico.[/QUOTE

Not trying to be rude but i see you have been so negative about the hispanic population on two other threads. Having lived all over the great US, Foley has the least amount of Hispanics than anywhere else. Yes they are there, but so what, so are you. The amount of people who live in Foley that are not Hispanic are significantly larger than those who are. As for cheap labor? Around here, they pay more than alot of major cities including, Washington DC, Alexandria VA, anywhere in Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, Etc, etc. Also, you really don't know what it is like to have so many illegals in your area that the billboard signs are printed in spanish instead of english and there is an ICE raid every night.

If you want the real facts about foley then I suggest going to the City of Foley's website. They will have all the information that is correct as of the last census. Foley is an extremely safe place to live and very family oriented and there is always something going on.
There are many illegals in Foley/Loxley because of construction and plant nurseries. And yes, go to the Wal-Mart in Foley and you will see WAY more hispanics then you will in other Alabama towns.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:09 PM

272 posts, read 961,913 times
I'm sure that now because of the slowdown in new construction a lot of the illegals will either go back to Mexico where they've been sending their money, or maybe get into the drug trade. The more we look the other way and allow it to continue the worse it gets. It's like a cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama