Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2006, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,764 times

Advertisements

I am probably moving to Daphne to continue my education at USSA and am looking for any information you can give about the city, the surrounding area, or even the school itself. If possible I would like any insight on areas to rent a place to live whether it be apartments, home or condo type living. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 AM

7 posts, read 35,686 times
jongolie, sorry for the delay in responding to your posting but I just ran across it today; I am new here!

I live in Daphne and can tell you anything you need to know. Currently the rent prices are an issue for the area with the hurricane last year and all of the new people who are looking for places to rent. The landlords have increased the rent considerably.

Very friendly people, low crime, close to beaches and malls. Lot of things to do within 20 miles of Daphne. Daphne also has an assortment of things that go on in the area. It will depend on what you are looking for as far as entertainment is concerned.

I wish I could supply you some links, but I am not sure which ones are allowed and which ones aren't, so I would rather play it safe and not post a link. But, if you want to contact me in e-mail, I can give you some links that are related to this area of the Gulf Coast.

You can contact me at GulfCoastTalk@aol.com if you have any further questions about the area that I can answer for you.

GCT
See profile

Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 AM

85 posts, read 524,438 times
Please tell about the things to do within 20 miles of Daphne.I've lived here for 8 years and havne't found a thing to do(Unless you are talking aboyt going to Wal-Mart)

Old 07-25-2006, 02:43 AM

7 posts, read 35,686 times
duncan st clair wrote:
Quote:
Please tell about the things to do within 20 miles of Daphne.I've lived here for 8 years and havne't found a thing to do(Unless you are talking aboyt going to Wal-Mart)
I guess it would depends on what you perceive as entertainment. I like going to Walmart

However, you have Gulf Shores and the beaches, although probably a lot more than 20 miles, but still close enough to visit on a regular basis. You have the bars and restaurants in downtown Mobile and restaurants here on the Eastern Shore. You have the Battleship, Bellingrath Gardens, Blakeley Park out on 225, Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, Baldwin County Heritage Museum, and for those who like to shop, there is the Eastern Shore Center in Malbis which has many stores and restaurants to visit, and of course Walmart. <GRIN>

Maybe all of these are not exactly 20 miles from Daphne, but are close enough that one can go and enjoy those things, if this is the type of entertainment that they like.

Maybe in my previous posting I shouldn't have stated: "Lot of things to do within 20 miles of Daphne." and instead should have said some things to do.

GCT

Old 08-03-2006, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,761 times
Default Moving To Daphne!!

I Would Really Take A Long Hard Look At The Situation Before Considering Moving To Alabama Period! We Are Still Living In The Civil Rights Movement, Slavery, Unemployment Is Terriable, Mobile Has A Very High Crime Rate! There Is Absolutely Nothing To Do. I Have Lived Here On And Off Most Of My Life. F'hope Is 10 Miles From Daphne And The Area Is Pretty And There Are Alot Of Nice People But There Are Colleges Every Where With Many More Opportunities. This Is Also A Very Politically Ran Area...all About Who You Know. Small Town, Small County,small State, Small Minds! Conservative Thinking All The Way Around!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 14,294 times
Based on the post by PPP37, sounds like Daphne, and Alabama, is my kind of place! I prefer conservative thinking people, small town feel, and southern hospitality!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 PM

384 posts, read 1,580,662 times
I own a condo at Sea Cliff, which is very close to USSA (a good many of their students rent in the complex). I like the fact that you're close enough to Gulf Shores to go to the beach whenever you want, but also close enough to Mobile whenever you want city amenities. Plus, some of south Alabama's best shopping is right there in Daphne-Spanish Fort (Eastern Shore Centre, Jubilee Square, and under-construction Spanish Fort Town Center).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama