Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 AM

9 posts, read 69,442 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm knew to the forum thing and was expecting to receive an e-mail to let me know if someone replied but never received it. Thanks so much. From what I here, there are three main gates to the posts. Do you know which one is the main gate? Maybe that will narrow down my choices of hotels....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM

346 posts, read 1,779,064 times
This should give you access to plenty of information from the actual base to local info.

Please do not forget the recent tragedy in Enterprise, AL. It had and will have an impact on the entire area and folks are very sensitive about it. Thank you.

If you want e-mail notification of a post you must select it before you release your post. Scroll a bit down and check the drop box.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:NOsRtLGty3UJ:https://www.attc.army.mil/accessibility.htm+ft.+rucker,+al+main+gate&hl=en&c t=clnk&cd=2&gl=us (broken link)
Scroll down to "driving instructions", I left cached on to make it easier for you.

http://www.united-publishers.com/rucker/welcome.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Rucker

http://benefits.military.com/misc/in...ent.jsp?id=130

Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM

Thanks! Those sites are very helpful. I heard about the tornado.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlerl1 View Post
Thanks! Those sites are very helpful. I heard about the tornado.
What information are you trying to get from contractors on base?

Old 05-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Not trying to get information from contractors per say...maybe that was bad choice of words. I've been hearing a lot about an increase in troops and then everything going on with the aviation unit. I can't seem to find anything out on the website so I figured contractor employees or civilians would be able to tell me more. Do you work on the base?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:29 PM

I am physically in Birmingham. Back to my question - what are you trying to find out and why? If I can I will gladly help or get you into the right direction.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:08 AM

Honestly,

I am researching to find out about how the contract that Shaw E&I has down there is going. I work for a government contractor and am considering bidding on the solicitation when it comes out. I also want to know about everything else that's going on on the base like whats growing, changing, what they may need. My company is also in the process of trying to figure out what we can do to support the victims in Enterprise, AL due to the tornado. If you can be of any assistance I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:09 AM

I also plan to visit the area soon. Which is why I was asking about the hotels. I would like a fairly decent one near post if possible.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,785 times
Default Relocating to Ft Rucker

Hi!
My fiance & I will be relocating to the Ft Rucker area in July. We're coming to the area in a couple weeks to look at & hopefully get a rental property. Does anyone have any recommendations/advice on decent property managers? I've looked at a few realtor sites online & talked to a few but they try to get us to buy a home~which we DON'T want to do...
I am also wondering about Dothan vs. Enterprise commute wise to Ft Rucker & which area would be better living wise & job wise for me (I'm a CT tech still looking for a job )...
Thanks in advance for your replys!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Go back a couple of posts. Your question has come up last week. Some of the answers may be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama