Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,189 times

Advertisements

Hello all i need some serious help my husband is being transfered to a job in Prattville We know nothing about this city or the state of Alabama except what our company and the computer has told us. can i please have some honest opinions on this city i would really like to know were the bad areas are every city has a place were know one wants to live. and i would like to know were this place is in Prattville any suggestions good and bad would be most welcomed thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
I like Prattville a lot from my visits there, but then we have friends there. I don't think you'll find any truly bad areas there if you go through a real estate broker, but I'll ask my friends to get online and give you some info. You could call and ask to speak to the Police Chief if all else fails. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 PM

114 posts, read 602,407 times
I used to live in Prattville about 15 years ago, and still go through there once in a while. Most of the nice areas to live are north and east of town, although there are quite a few nice homes going up now just northwest of town along Hwy 82. I enjoyed living there, at the time the schools were not really very good, hopefully they have improved.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Ssarajo, Prattville is a smallish town near Alabama’s capitol -- Montgomery, a larger river city which is home to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival.

I have friends who moved to Prattville and built their dream home about ten years ago. Former Atlanta residents, they are planning to sell now that retirement looms. Prattville has turned out to be too small-town for them. But it’s very convenient to I-65 if you want to visit to Birmingham or Tuscaloosa, AL and convenient to I-85 if you want to visit Columbus, GA or Atlanta. I can suggest some enjoyable day trips or weekend trips from there to keep you entertained and sane.

My friends say that you can’t go wrong house-hunting as long as you stay within 3 to 4 miles of the city proper. They said Autauga Hills is a safe, attractive neighborhood for families.

They referred to areas five or six miles out as less desirable, even questionable. Definitely avoid the south side of Prattville. They tell me there’s a paper mill on that end of town and not much else.

Here’s some great news: Property taxes and homeowners’ insurance rates are very affordable. I pay about triple what they pay in taxes for a comparable residence in Georgia.

They didn’t have anything good to say about the Autauga County school system; however, their own child attended Prattville Junior High and Prattville High (both Autauga County schools) and went on to graduate from the UAB with honors recently, so how bad can they really be? There’s an abundance of private schools in the area, though.

Prattville is along the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, which has been described as some of the best public golf on earth (rtjgolf.com). Capitol Hill is the Prattville RTJ course and includes a big hotel and conference center.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:03 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Any progress in your search, sarajo? Are you feeling more or less at ease about the move to Prattville now?

Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM

50 posts, read 228,089 times
Default amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarajo View Post
Hello all i need some serious help my husband is being transfered to a job in Prattville We know nothing about this city or the state of Alabama except what our company and the computer has told us. can i please have some honest opinions on this city i would really like to know were the bad areas are every city has a place were know one wants to live. and i would like to know were this place is in Prattville any suggestions good and bad would be most welcomed thank you
Hi Sarajo!
My midle name is Jo & my daughter's name is Sara!
I am very interested in moving to Prattville.
Have you made the move there yet?
Do you like the city?
I would appreciate any real info, something I can't find by looking at a map or reading a chamber of commerce promotion.
Thanks so much!
Normajo

Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 39,445 times
Default Not from Prattvile, but like who I've met

I have 3 boys who wrestle, and Prattville is in our 6A division. I've met a lot of families from there through the Prattville wrestling team, and I can tell you definitely impressed. Not sure if it is Prattville or unique to the wrestling parents, but definitely classy people -- who know how to act whether they win or lose. Have seen only class and respect from their wrestlers (youth to high school). Not necessarily true of all communities -- some let their kids throw a fit if they lose. I think you'll find family-valued people there. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama