Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 AM

52 posts, read 330,011 times

Advertisements

We moved up here from South Florida, and yes most everyone has a pool (most everyone). We also had a Hot Tub, we had the room for a pool and the only thing that would work was an above ground pool, now we sold that place and moved here to Slocomb and you are right, not many pools here in this area, and the above ground did not add any value to the house when we sold it, but then this is NOT south Florida, when we were looking for our new home, we were looking for a Pool and Privicy.

Well we found the house and the privicy but no pool, the cost for an inground pool was well out of the budget, so we went to an above ground pool and I built from their, Decks, Privicy fence, I added four solar panels and we were swimming in it in Dec, till I closed it for the winter, we were swimming in it in early March. So we are back to having what we had in south FL and can do it all au-natural because it is all private.

This is Alabama and I do not think that people here are concerned as much about having a pool as people in Florida are. And since we do not pay any property taxes here, I'll accecpt the costs of haveing one, since I do not play golf I'll assume to costs of haveing the pool. And the solar panels to me was a wise investment, figure I will gain two more months of swim time.

Florida is Florida, people move to Florida for the nice homes, swimming pools and golf courses, and they just keep building them and they just keep coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
View detailed profiles of: