Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2006, 11:10 PM

3 posts, read 14,111 times

Advertisements

My company which is located in Nashville, TN has offered me a rather large pay increase to move to this town. I cannot find out much info about the town other than the population is less than 6,000. I really have my doubts that it would be worth an additional $20,000 a year to move here for a single guy. (old, but single ... lol) What do you think? I have never been here, and really do not know anything about the area at all. Housing, recreation, restaurants, golf, beaches, etc. How far is it from Nashville approximately?

Any replies are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2006, 07:58 AM

OK, no comments good, bad or indifferent. Guess that means if you can't say something good, just don't comment. The silence may have helped me make my decision ... (lol)

Old 07-26-2006, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,701 times
Hi! I'm from Jackson. What is here is, well...not much! Mobile is approximately 75 miles from here, which has golf courses, everything you would seek for entertainment. Here, we have a walmart which closes at 11p.m. each night. We're a very small town. The rent though is very reasonable, the people are the best in the world. We have a movie theater, but its been closed down. Nashville TN is close to an 8 hour drive (I think). I hope this helps, we'd love to have you here.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the response Rebmom5. Sounds like its your basic very small southern town. How long does it take to drive to Mobile, and is the road in good shape? Any golf course in town, restaurants? Thank you for taking the time to be an "unofficial" and unpaid tour guide.

There is a Boise Cascade plant or factory in town. Is it a pulp wood facility that produces the strong smell? Just wondering ...

Last edited by tnsportzfan; 07-26-2006 at 06:23 PM..

Old 08-14-2006, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,697 times
Smile Also Being Transferred

REBMOM........I too would like as much information as I can get concerning Jackson. My company is transferring me there next month for approximately 2years. I would basically like to know if the rents are plentiful and how much they would be........and, can you rent a house or will it be an apartment.....Are there any campgrounds or RV parks where I could park my travel trailer temporarily?
Do they have cable in Jackson, and broadband internet? And, any other info you might like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Amtrakk

Old 04-13-2007, 10:04 AM
clb

1 posts, read 4,627 times
I hope it is not to late to reply. Jackson, Alabama has an estimated population of about 7,000. It is larger than the last cenus taken in 2000. It is about 65 miles north of Mobile, Al. It takes about one hour to drive to Mobile by way of Highway 43 ( four lanes) and I-65. Gulf Shores, Al. and the beach is about a one hour and forty-five minute drive and it is beautiful there.
Jackson has the Tombigbee River which offers great fishing. Our area is also known for its many hunting opportunites, both deer and turkey. Also we are in the process of obtaining several industries which should aid the economy and increase the population. Jackson is not a bad place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
View detailed profiles of: