U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM

6 posts, read 25,265 times

Advertisements

Searched other post couldn't find answer. I'm a single white male 28 years old from North Carolina, moving to Alabama for several months to a year. I love fishing, camping, hunting, 4 wheelin and only country music. Redneck but not racist. Looking for a town with lots of fun loving good ole boys, down home women and obviously places to fish, camp and go wheelin. Moving soon so any info. would be great. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 AM

8,262 posts, read 17,390,129 times
Talladega--Muscle Shoals

Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM

18,287 posts, read 37,523,777 times
I recommend the town of Brewton (I used to live there). There's plenty of mixed pine/hardwood forests in the area with high whitetail deer population, there's also fishing on the nearby creeks and also Tensaw river. It's also close enough to the gulf (one hour) to fish from the pier in Pensacola. The only problem is jobs, like everywhere else they are scarce right now.

You'll see plenty of people wearing camo in Brewton, even the gals.

Andalusia is another option.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 AM

247 posts, read 1,053,381 times
You're talking about almost any small town in Alabama. The redneck but not racist thing may be a little tough to find though.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 PM

4,925 posts, read 10,480,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipLib View Post
You're talking about almost any small town in Alabama. The redneck but not racist thing may be a little tough to find though.
Shoot, he's talking about just about small town anywhere. Not one state is redneck-free just as no one state is redneck...but he ought to have some good choices here that meet his criteria!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Just learn how to say "the Florida Gators suck!" and you'll fit in anywhere in Bama!

Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Just learn how to say "the Florida Gators suck!" and you'll fit in anywhere in Bama!
I can't rep you, but consider this one!

That's funny! ...and accurate!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM

272 posts, read 898,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Shoot, he's talking about just about small town anywhere. Not one state is redneck-free just as no one state is redneck...but he ought to have some good choices here that meet his criteria!
I'm from NY and I've had people call me a Red Neck, I relate it to that Fishing, Camping, Good Ol Boy thing, not Racism

Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7spider View Post
I'm from NY and I've had people call me a Red Neck, I relate it to that Fishing, Camping, Good Ol Boy thing, not Racism
Same here.

To be a little more specific, gmx999might consider northeast Alabama since he enjoys all the outdoor things he does...Scottsboro or Gunterville or Ft. Payne areas would fit the bill for him. Of course there is that pesky little issue of finding a job there...but the area is still failry undeveloped and not a crowded as a lot of places.

There are so many areas of Alabama that would fit what he's looking for--I suspect that's one reason he's not getting a lot of help here...

Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Same here.

To be a little more specific, gmx999might consider northeast Alabama since he enjoys all the outdoor things he does...Scottsboro or Gunterville or Ft. Payne areas would fit the bill for him. Of course there is that pesky little issue of finding a job there...but the area is still failry undeveloped and not a crowded as a lot of places.

There are so many areas of Alabama that would fit what he's looking for--I suspect that's one reason he's not getting a lot of help here...
Is Ft. Payne still "dry?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama