Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:42 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,963 times

Advertisements

There is truely no better way to see things than from a helicopter. Of course its been a couple years since I've flown anything, my current job is a bit more pedestrian but a lot more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,442,847 times
Default cruise ship bridge cams

As a former Princess cruise ship touron, from time to time I look at various bridge cams particularly the Princess ones. Here's a few currently in Alaskan waters for the summer. Their updated every 60 seconds, you have to refresh this page to see the current one.

Website for various cruise ship cams, some don't work but most do
Web Cams on cruise ships from Cruise Diva Linda Coffman's Cruise Planner

Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,762 times
What kind of camera did you take your photos with? I am debating about taking my Canon 35mm with 300 zoom and other lenses or a small digital. I know I should buy a really great digital...huh?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:50 PM

152 posts, read 457,539 times
I had a Canon rebel XTI with two lenses, the 35-75m lens and a 300m lens. I was really glad to have a digital on this trip as I shot upwards of 1000 photos.

My first trip up I had a Canon rebel 35MM camera which I liked but I went though about 90 rolls of film, Costs a lot to develop that much film

however on the flip side I would really have to have the 300m lens, If it was my choice and I had to choose one or the other I would take the Canon with the lens but maybe you can take both?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,060 times
I have the Nikon ED 70 300 zoom. It is great to take closer shots of wildlife. However the landscape is so big - I have lost out by not bringing a smaller lense. I would have both lenses if you can. I just bought the camera before I came up here and left the manual.. Given the choice of only one lense I would go for the smaller for the landscape.

The nice thing about this camera is it has video also and can use Panasonic, Nikon and one other brand (Olympus?) of 35 mm lenses back to 1950.

So don't really know what I am doing but getting good shots!! I really prefer the digital because again my method take a bunch and some will turn out great!! Didn't want the cost of film and then scan and upload to computer for storage. Or have another pile of photos to go with the long lost piles from the past. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska