Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:47 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times

Advertisements

Fratboy W's droppings analyzed -

The Presidential memoirs of George W. Bush, review : The New Yorker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:27 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think you're forgetting that the negative feelings towards the former governor came mostly came into being during and after the Presidential election.

Palin was elected as governor in Alaska at a time when we would have voted in a baked potato over the alternative.

I hope that you get to visit some day...you'll probably find that in real life, Alaskans don't tend to get as "riled up" over politics as some in this forum do.

Don't forget that Palin has several supporters in this forum as well. I'd say that this place reflects her current approval rating fairly well.
You are hilarious, Met...love the baked potato joke!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LYQLD0Kpmsk

Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
I suspect that the only subject she really puts her brain into is self-aggrandizement.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,490 times
Default (from a Californian's POV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktexas95 View Post
I'm just curious, do alaskan's hate sarah palin?? seems like most everyone here has something against her... but I may be wrong.
I mean, I like her, i don't want her to be president or anything, but i think she's a nice person with a very loving normal family. I just wanted to know why and what you thought about her.
I think that the ones that dislike her are much, much more vocal (on internet, media, and in public) than those that like and respect her. So, it's easy for Palin fans to conclude that they are in the minority. That's usually the way it is on Democrat & Conservative issues all around, or at least from a Californian's POV. and it might be true everywhere to some extent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all conservatives like her - It's very acceptable and en vogue to dislike her regardless of your party affiliation, and Republicans seem to get kudos from most all media outlets for publicly disliking and criticizing her. Whatever it takes to pay the bills

But what the anti-Palin people fail to see is that there are many silent Palin supporters that don't emerge until the polls. Take the mid-term elections for example. You can't deny that Palin had a massive influence on who was nominated and who was ultimately elected.

So my point is that even though it might seem like most everyone dislikes her, and maybe even in Alaska (just guessing here), there are probably many more pro-Palin supporters than what it seems.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
We had one President that quit and he was a far better President than some of the others have been elected to that office. But Stiffbrain your delusional state where you think the current POTUS should quit shows you be be in the category of the current loser in the US Senate race. You might think quitting is the only choice but if you were good enough to get elected chances are you can do a superb job. Maybe if you just quit complaining and saw this Perz through the task of cleaning up the mess he inherited from his predecessor you'd discover your choices, so far, have been the worst possible.

I'm not responding to whether Obama's doing a good job or not, but come on...

you can't keep blaming Bush. It's been 2 years.

That statue of limitations has already run out

Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
It's very acceptable and en vogue to dislike her regardless of your party affiliation, and Republicans seem to get kudos from most all media outlets for publicly disliking and criticizing her. Whatever it takes to pay the bills
Hey, I thought she was dumb as a bag of hammers way before it was "en vogue!"

Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,778,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
I'm not responding to whether Obama's doing a good job or not, but come on...

you can't keep blaming Bush. It's been 2 years.

That statue of limitations has already run out

I blame W's mistakes for creating the climate that got Obama elected and that one has at least another 2 years til expiration. W pushed Jimmy Carter off his pedestal as the worst president in modern US history. It remains to be seen if Obama will do the same thing to W.

As for Palin, if she wasn't smart then the left wouldn't find her so threatning.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM

122 posts, read 479,359 times
Default Facebook for Sarah....

Really Sarah, using Facebook to disseminate your views on the whole Wikileaks controversy? How pro can you go! Well I guess you had no choice since sarahpalin.com was taken. If you really want to get back at Julian Assange, try superpoking him!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 AM

37 posts, read 46,917 times
Y'know, you won't hear me spouting off a whole lot about big government or how the government has any right to control us but, (you knew it was coming) an organization like Wikileaks needs to be managed with care and tact. It does not have a right to just spout off information that may be damning to our government, be that through political interest, foreign affairs or domestic policy. Not that I advocate too many comparisons between us and other nations but what do you think would happen to you if it was China's mail you stole? As for whomever provided or facilitated the gathering of that information, I consider it treason and we all know what the punishment for that is. I intentionally ignored the fact that this is another "Palin's antics" post (until just now ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska