Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

I was just doing a search for positive things Joe Miller has done for Alaska (found none) and came across this site BuyAlaska: Alaska Salmon Leather Co.

What? A salmon leather making company in Kodiak, AK? A place where bears grow bigger than T-Rex and dine almost exclusively on salmon.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Go buy a pair of salmon leather boots, shirt, pair of pants, a hat, and then go for a hike in Kodiak Bear Country looking and smelling like a 125-200 lb salmon.

Even people from my mothers' homeland of Poland aren't that dumb. Well, a few of them, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 09:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
This way the salmon are being used twice, and we've got the added benefit of getting rid of the lower form of idjits; it's a win win win.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I was just doing a search for positive things Joe Miller has done for Alaska (found none) and came across this site BuyAlaska: Alaska Salmon Leather Co.

What? A salmon leather making company in Kodiak, AK? A place where bears grow bigger than T-Rex and dine almost exclusively on salmon.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Go buy a pair of salmon leather boots, shirt, pair of pants, a hat, and then go for a hike in Kodiak Bear Country looking and smelling like a 125-200 lb salmon.

Even people from my mothers' homeland of Poland aren't that dumb. Well, a few of them, anyway.
I think 'ol Joe needs a pair of salmon boots and a full jacket!!! add salmon scent to them or not descent the skins when made....one way ticket to ice pack...ohhhh and can we do the same for Ms P??

Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,713,692 times
[CENTER]Alaska Salmon Leather Co.[/CENTER]
Alaska Salmon Leather brand products are a great catch! They're an upscale product at a reasonable price.

Made in the last frontier on beautiful Kodiak Island, Alaska. This exquisite leather product is created from the natural fish skins of wild salmon harvested by commercial fishermen from Alaska's oceans. The salmon skins recycled by the Alaska Salmon Leather Co. are a natural byproduct of the commercial fishing industry. Typically, during the processing of the catch, the skins are discarded by the processing facility. At this time, we recycle just a fraction of the diacarded skins. However, as we expand in the future, we will recycle an even larger percentage of the skins. We are proud of our efforts helping fully utilize the great renewable fishey resource in Alaska.

It takes nearly a month to complete the 75-step hand process necessary to turn a single skin into finished leather. The end result of this painstaking attention to detail and hand labor is a beautiful, durable, long lasting leather. Each skin displays a unique pattern and texture, likely a result of the rigors of living in the wild, open, ocean. Unsurpassed quality is evident throughout from the elegantly lined interiors to the finely stitched, very tough and beautiful Alaska Salmon Leather brand exteriors. The salmon skins we process are used exclusively for Alaska Salmon Leather brand products. Our goal is to provide you with the best product in the world.
Copyright 2002-2009 Alaska
Salmon Leather Co.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
It really is the ideal gift for someone (stiffy) you don't like in Alaska.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 PM

854 posts, read 1,977,004 times
people have been making clothing out of salmon skin for thousands of years now...

Yuungnaqpiallerput - The Way We Genuinely Live - Masterworks of Yup'ik Science and Survival

Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I would like a hat band made from salmon leather. Then I could adorn my hat with an eagle feather and some bear claws. Hmmmmmmmm....

Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I would like a hat band made from salmon leather. Then I could adorn my hat with an eagle feather and some bear claws. Hmmmmmmmm....
better pick another feather...last I knew you can't have possession of eagle feathers unless you are native and have filed proper paperwork! maybe this has changed an if it has...bummer I could have picked up lots of eagle feathers this summer!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Yeah I've heard that. But I still own a dozen or more. I have a large 3' dream catcher with 7 very large eagle feathers hanging from it. One night I had a state trooper standing in my house with the thing virtually in her face. She never said a word about it.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yeah I've heard that. But I still own a dozen or more. I have a large 3' dream catcher with 7 very large eagle feathers hanging from it. One night I had a state trooper standing in my house with the thing virtually in her face. She never said a word about it.
ahhhh...crapweasel...I could have had lots of them as I was standing under an adult eagle preening himself...feather flying everywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska