Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelpioneer View Post
I was in Miami for a couple of years and one of my co-workers was Cuban. He made authentic Cafe con leche by hand every morning for those who wanted it. I tried a it once since he put it in what looked like a tiny toy cup. Didn't get anything done after that as I ran around in circles all day...

Charles
Yep. We make it or go a get it at work everyday... I like it, but don't drink it anymore. Cafe con leche is in a regular size cup. It is basically 1 oz of cuban coffee with 7 oz of hot milk.

Cafe Cubano is in a 1 oz cup and has more sugar and caffeine than 8 oz. of "American Coffee".

There is an "art" to making it taste good. Not as easy as you think.

Before I knew any better I used to drink the whole collada myself. (Wich is cuban coffee in a large cup meant to be shared with a bunch of other people) It is like 20 cups of American Coffee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM

15 posts, read 28,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Yep. We make it or go a get it at work everyday... I like it, but don't drink it anymore. Cafe con leche is in a regular size cup. It is basically 1 oz of cuban coffee with 7 oz of hot milk.

Cafe Cubano is in a 1 oz cup and has more sugar and caffeine than 8 oz. of "American Coffee".

There is an "art" to making it taste good. Not as easy as you think.

Before I knew any better I used to drink the whole collada myself. (Wich is cuban coffee in a large cup meant to be shared with a bunch of other people) It is like 20 cups of American Coffee...

Thanks for the cafe lesson, that's exactly what it was because he divided it up into small cups. He must have been telling me what was in it rather than the name. It really didn't taste all that bad...did have a punch

Old 01-15-2011, 03:07 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times
No problem... Everyone here has helped me immensely with planning the trip up! Can't wait to go...

Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Alaskans sure seem to like your coffee!!!

Any chance on getting a cortadito? Cafe con leche in AK???
I haven't even been able to get a Mexican mocha in Alaska, not one place I have gone has the right ingredient. It's just a cinnamon chocolate coffee. Some places have shakers of cinnamon but it never tastes the same.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I haven't even been able to get a Mexican mocha in Alaska, not one place I have gone has the right ingredient. It's just a cinnamon chocolate coffee. Some places have shakers of cinnamon but it never tastes the same.
should I go to the market and mail a bunch of boxes of the choco/cinnamon Mexican rounds to you?? authentic...just dissolve the choco piece in your coffee..

Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Mmmm sounds yummy! I never drink coffee at home but I really should, I'm such a zombie without it. I do have a convenient coffee shack at the end of my road. There really is a coffee place on every corner!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Mmmm sounds yummy! I never drink coffee at home but I really should, I'm such a zombie without it. I do have a convenient coffee shack at the end of my road. There really is a coffee place on every corner!
well I do have to go shopping down there (about 90+ miles round trip) in the next week or so...will stop at that market and hopefully they have it...sometimes they are sold out...will let ya know and flat rate box some up to you! I like to carry a "round" with me and just break off a wedge an pop it in my coffee where ever I am!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:14 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
According to a survey a couple of years ago, Seattle had 23 coffee stands per 10,000 people, and Anchorage had 29. I thought that would take away the cachet of Seattle being a coffee city, but Anchorage still limps around in coffee reps. Kind of like me. Limping around in reps. I still don't have a gold star and I have been lurking like the troll I am in the background since forever.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Lurker!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
According to a survey a couple of years ago, Seattle had 23 coffee stands per 10,000 people, and Anchorage had 29. I thought that would take away the cachet of Seattle being a coffee city, but Anchorage still limps around in coffee reps. Kind of like me. Limping around in reps. I still don't have a gold star and I have been lurking like the troll I am in the background since forever.
rep'd ya for admitting to being a lurking troll Mal!! ahhahahahha...glad to see your back...hope things are getting better for ya! catch me for a chat again sometime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska