Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM

79 posts, read 224,052 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on leaving in the next year, so I want to make sure I've seen everything before I go.

I will miss the Bear Tooth Theatre, the Imaginarium, breakfast at the Valley Hotel in Palmer, and the beautiful view out my dining room window. I would also miss the daily moose sightings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
I already miss the Northern Lights, I have not seen any since we moved to Anchorage.
I miss a lot of things about Faribanks, I miss the ICE DOGS, I miss the Blue Loon and comedy nights in the winter. I miss the endless summer days when you knew it would be nice. I miss how well everything grows in the interior. I miss dry cabins and simple living. I miss the amazing people that live in the Interior, the ones that will give you the shirt off their back even if it was the last thing they had. I miss the Integrity.

Anchorage, I will miss my friends I have here.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet99645 View Post
I'm planning on leaving in the next year, so I want to make sure I've seen everything before I go.

I will miss the Bear Tooth Theatre, the Imaginarium, breakfast at the Valley Hotel in Palmer, and the beautiful view out my dining room window. I would also miss the daily moose sightings.

I think I have eaten at the Valley Motel, I had chicken fried steak breakfast and got 2! chicken fried steaks!!! that was a HUGe and amazingly yummy meal!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM

86 posts, read 88,499 times
Piglet99645: What one would miss. Several day's road trips with lite camping agendas. State parks and split moments picture taking. Less dog eat dog word up in Alaska. More caring about each other for social and personal goals with respect. Crossing bridges in auto over rivers and streams. We value Alaska's gas station stores for means of making local friends. It's fun to cut in the middle of economic life back in the lower 48 states. And live vacation style in Alaska. At same time working. Bob's take in this subject what one would miss.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:05 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Just like the State itself, a list of things I would miss would be far to vast to describe in a single sentence, paragraph, post, or even a single book!

Sorry, I guess that doesn't help you much!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,511 times
Lots of things. As far as places to go? Thompson Pass and McCarthy would be at the top of my list.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
I would miss the way the ground looks in Delta, and the trees and the mountains and the driftwood in the Delta River and the endless sunshine in summer and the way it smells out here. I wouldn't miss the mosquitoes.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Fishing.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM

868 posts, read 1,427,149 times
I live in Anchorage, and have a growing suspicion that what I would miss most is the chance to do/see things I'm already missing as a result. Ugh, that was sort of Romney-esque, wasn't it? My point is, I feel like I'm already missing out on most of the things people love best about Alaska.

Things I know I would miss:

Seeing mountains every day, even if only from a distance. My view from the bus on the way to work is better than some people have in a lifetime.

The best sushi I've ever eaten, and the sheer number of places to get it.

Snow, snow, and snow.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,033,517 times
[quote=LittleJazzyP;23447328

The best sushi I've ever eaten, and the sheer number of places to get it.

Snow, snow, and snow.[/QUOTE]

I don't like Anchorage myself but my daughter loves it. She loves the diversity in Anchorage. She says, "who would have thought you would have a city this small, and in Alaska, with so much diversity".

My, I would miss the lack of fences. It seems to me like most of the large open spaces in America are fenced off. It makes me feel claustrophobic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska