Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:41 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times

Advertisements

I knew this was going to confuse people when I first posted it. The distinction of whether the moisture in the vehicle comes from melted snow on the floor or other sources is not important. The distincition is that in order for condensation to occur, moisture must be added in by artificial or mechanical means of some kind. Whether it be human - exhalation, perspiration, tracking it in on shoes or clothing, spilling coffee, whatever. Or even non-human such as the dog peeing on the carpet etc. The point is the moisture content of the air must somehow be artificially increased for condesnsation to occur, because bringing in outside air and heating it simply lowers the relative humidity. And if that air is cooled back down to its original temperature, whether by contact with a cold camera, windows, etc, since it's just returning to the original temp, it also returns to its original humidity and no condensation forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:52 PM

437 posts, read 815,298 times
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
This subject has been beaten to death already.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:42 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,927,062 times
When I posted this I had NO idea this thing would go 11 pages

I didn't read all of it, but I guess when I get my camera home, I soak it in cold water than put it in the microwave. Is that right

I'll post the pictures I took.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Well you pretty much hit the nail on the head- by learning; how to READ between the lines.

Your amazing response leads me to throughly believe; Your understanding is beyond normal comprehension!!

... and if I might add; I was completly knocked off my chair onto the floor with hysterical laughter ! Thank you so much for your final summary!!

Now go out and buy a new camera !!! ROFLMAO

I am throughly looking forward with eager interest; to view your (upcoming) images.

To quote your original question: I am going out to take photos in the cold; what do I do?

ANSWER: Nothing - just go out and do it and post the results !! (its all that simple).

Old 01-22-2011, 06:54 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
When I posted this I had NO idea this thing would go 11 pages

I didn't read all of it, but I guess when I get my camera home, I soak it in cold water than put it in the microwave. Is that right

I'll post the pictures I took.
First, to protect myself from lawsuits, please don't do what I do. But if you still want to go ahead, on your own...

Do what I often do: place it on the dashboard of your truck, and let the "defrost" and warm air take care of it .

Well, that's what I do considering that most new automobiles are designed to remove condensation from the windshield when the controls are set to defrost. The AC comes on automatically to assists with removing moisture from the windshield area. Just don't forget it there and let it cook
--------

Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
-18 this afternoon and I did nothing to the camera afterwards.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Thank you for that simple sumation!!

Perfect, .. .. .. is close enough for me !!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Very nice shot Warp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: