Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM

49 posts, read 105,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
It is always a bit scary and exciting too when you make big changes in your life. But how exciting, following your dreams, going to live in a part of the country that is so unique and having family to help ease the transition! Best of luck to you on your journey and in your new adventures.
Thank you very much!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:55 AM

26 posts, read 52,601 times
I've been meaning to ask about the banks in Alaska. I bank with Chase. Is Chase common there? Is there another bank that is in most places in Alaska? I'm not sure yet whether I'll end up in Fairbanks, Juneau, or somewhere in the Kenai Peninsula, and won't know until right before I move, so I'm just wondering if there's a bank that they all have in common?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
I would say Wells Fargo and Alaska USA Federal Credit Union. I have never seen a Chase branch in Anchorage or Fairbanks.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
That would be Wells Fargo - the biggest crooks in the entire state of Alaska.

What Wells Fargo is doing to its customers is nothing short of criminal!

I deposit cash in Kotzebue branch on a thursday; Next tuesday my money is still pending ??? From thursday - tuesday I am making purchases using my debit card, for every purchase I make (under 20) I receive a 28 dollar overdraft fee. ???

When I saw this begin to happen - we refused to use our checks or card or make any purchases.

I receive 5 overdrafts every day for a month!! We filled out a theft report at the police station. The only action that took place was Wells Fargo transfered the pot smoking Bank Manager to a different village.

When I first arrived in Barrow and went into the Wells Fargo branch to see the manager; the first thing I asked him;- How much did you make overdrafts last year A BILLION? He laughed and said - not quite but almost !!

Natives and others in Barrow & Kotzebue are being taken advantage of and their money stolen by this one bank. When a bank makes many hundreds of millions in excessive overdrafts - something is wrong.

I won't tell you how much the four of us lost through this bank, But it is truely discusting when banks are allowed to steal under the pretense of something else.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
I don't know anybody who likes Wells Fargo, it's only advantage I can think of is that there are branches everywhere.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I don't know anybody who likes Wells Fargo, it's only advantage I can think of is that there are branches everywhere.

Yup - Zactly !! I have been with First National in Anchorage now for almost 8 years; NOT ONE OVERDRAFT !! WE LOST MANY THOUSANDS through Wells Fargo

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM

49 posts, read 105,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Whoa! Really? Thanks coz im thinking of opening in Wells Fargo, but if thats the case nevermind

Old 01-21-2011, 02:48 PM

26 posts, read 52,601 times
Yikes! I was looking into Wells Fargo as well...maybe not now.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:59 PM

The vast majority of Natives in Kotzebue & in Barrow do not want this bank in the village. People are always asking (other banks) to open a branch in the Arctic.

Alaska USA is the preffered choice of Native people - no problems ever.

The same is true with Northrim & First National; no problems ever.

Wells Fargo used to be National bank of Alaska; Wells Fargo is owned not be people in the USA but in UK.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Wells Fargo used to be National bank of Alaska; Wells Fargo is owned not be people in the USA but in UK.
really??? did not know this....Wells Fargo scammed many many people in morgages....thanks for putting the info out here David!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska