Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
The safe assumption is that you vest your interests in fantasy.

You are the same guy that said I don't live in Alaska much less Barrow because I post early in the morning (right after you, so that puts you where?). You are the same guy that said I can't possibly have written the articles I do, because they are too well written. You've also imagined a large number of other things, like "thousands" of caribou where the ADF&G does a photo census every year at the time mentioned and doesn't find any thousands of caribou. Where's the logic in any of this?

You can repeat that sort of stupidity over and over, and some people will probably believe you... but 1) you are wrong and 2) nobody cares what you believe!

But I'd like to thank you for providing reasons for me to post huge amounts of information that very clearly has attracted a lot of attention to Barrow from around the world. The people who do own Sam & Lee's very often get comments from tourists that make it very apparent that people come to Sam & Lee's because of what they read here on City-Data. (And it sure as Heck wasn't what you wrote that attracted them, eh?)

You've accomplished the exact opposite of what you set out to do!! It's just another hoot.
The largest caribou herd in Alaska - numbers over 400,000 !!

Last edited by Rance; 01-27-2011 at 12:07 AM..

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Quote:
There's a specific reason for the popularity of Barrow on this forum, and it is just an hilariously appropriate result!

We have a handful of people who are embarrassed by any mention of Barrow because they have failed in their attempts to survive here. So they post huge amounts of false accusations, false information, and personal attacks any time the place is mentioned. That probably would have accomplished the desired effect except that I'm here, I have thick enough skin, and I do like to write about things like Barrow. The effect is that every time these others attempt to trash Barrow what happens is they prime the pump and get a significant flow of valid information about Barrow that otherwise would never have been posted. People are finding this stuff with web searches, and coming here to ask more questions. It has been steadily increasing for at least three years now.

And it's all due (how fitting!) to a few jerks trying to dis the place! They've failed at that too, which seems to drive them up the wall just as much...
I've noticed...everytime I see a new Barrow thread started by an unsuspecting out-of-stater I think "Oh no, here it comes!"

Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Let's hope not cause they are being sued by Spenard Builders Supply. Maybe business isn't as good as some people say it is???

2BA-10-00136CI

Public Access - Case Summary

2BA-10-00136CI Spenard Builders Supply, LLC vs. Sam & Lee's Corporation et al

NameTypeDispositionSpecial Spenard Builders Supply, LLCPlaintiff Sam & Lee's CorporationDefendant Kim, Hyong YDefendant Kim, Louise RDefendant Sam & Lee's RestaurantDefendant Premier Alaska Construction, LLCDefendant Reddell, BrettDefendant Scanlon, VickiDefendant Northland Casualty CompanyDefendant
Did you notice all of the contractors being sued? That's what happens when one party and their insurance company (also listed) pay contractors and the contractors don't pay the supplier. Of course when it actually gets down to brass tacks, the receipts and canceled checks are what decides who is responsible. In this case nobody is expecting anyone to find even one penny's worth of fault with Sam & Lee's.

Not that you can comprehend all of that, but it is interesting.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 PM

Alaskas largest Caribou herd GROWS

IS THIS CONSIDERED CREDIBLE ???

I was witness in Prudhoe bay when a huge herd of over 10,000 came running through a certain area near ballmill #2

Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You know, I think it's probably one of those deals where at one time Floyd or someone made a joke to the effect that he had financial interest in Sam and Lee's because he spends a lot of time there.

Sam and Lee's s an OK place. Certainly not the five star rating as claimed, but an OK place to get a meal.

Simply put if I was going to push a business I owned, it is very unethical to not disclose my investment in it.

It gets old posting pictures of Polar Bears and other animals for members to enjoy that clearly aren't endangered, and myself bring called "untruthful" by someone whom appears not to be repeatable IMHO.

They still can't answers a simple yes or no question.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Sam and Lee's s an OK place. Certainly not the five star rating as claimed, but an OK place to get a meal.
How would you know? One thing to take note of here is that nobody that actually lives in Barrow is ever denying the significance of Sam & Lee's in Barrow. It's just the little group of losers who've never been able to survive here that make up such the garbage that you like to post Starlite.

Quote:
Simply put if I was going to push a business I owned, it is very unethical to not disclose my investment in it.
It is highly unethical to accuse people of such things when you have no reason to believe it is true, have been repeatedly told it is not, and you know darn well that you are fabricating another false story.

It's a matter of integrity. That's something you don't seem to have much of, eh?

Quote:
It gets old posting pictures of Polar Bears and other animals for members to enjoy that clearly aren't endangered, and myself bring called "untruthful" by someone whom appears not to be repeatable IMHO.
Then why do you continue to do those things? You post fabrication after fabrication...
Quote:
They still can't answers a simple yes or no question.
Did you ever stop beating up on that lady next door?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Alaskas largest Caribou herd GROWS

IS THIS CONSIDERED CREDIBLE ???

I was witness in Prudhoe bay when a huge herd of over 10,000 came running through a certain area near ballmill #2
You mixed your meds this morning, this is places to eat in Barrow, not caribou.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,042 times
Wow. And I thought the gossip in my small town was bad... Ummm, gossip- its what makes the world go round in a small town.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:15 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:

It is highly unethical to accuse people of such things when you have no reason to believe it is true, have been repeatedly told it is not, and you know darn well that you are fabricating another false story.

It's a matter of integrity. That's something you don't seem to have much of, eh?
Please point out where it repeatedly said you aren't either "the" or "part" owner when promoting a business over the others, I seemed to have missed that. It it has been stated I would be glad to apologize for missing that statement.

So far I have only seen paragraphs of blather to deflect whether you do or not.

You keep claiming the high moral ground over the last few years but it is just a small Pingo.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
You mixed your meds this morning, this is places to eat in Barrow, not caribou.
We EAT lots of caribou in Barrow. -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska