Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Oh, no I wasn't saying you were wrong....just giving you a hint into what they are, which are very high heels.
These heels look great for the legs but WAY too uncomfortable... within a few hours you would see me walking barefoot... LOL

They do look great on though

I love to have an occasion to dress up but most of the time give me a pair of good hiking boots Would love to get sorels on with you Nikki and maybe John would join the hike? Let me get right on that plane ... "if I could I would"

Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 AM

437 posts, read 815,298 times
Stiletto's = heels. LOVE em but rarely have an opportunity to wear them but I have a couple pair just in case the need arises. Hiking boots? Wear them all the time.

As an artist I can pack up and live anywhere I want to but, I would need electricity (to run my kiln) and the internet to sell my stuff. And a post office I could get to at least once a week to mail everything.

And ya better know for sure you are compatible with each other 24/7 because if you're not, well, end of story.

Don't worry John, I'm moving back to Alaska some day. :-)

Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 AM

18 posts, read 35,996 times
It is very hard getting started here in the bush when you are the only adult and have three kids tagging along. Unless you have quite a bit of money to fall back on or are very experienced in bush living

Well, that is why I was going to the bush to teach I would have had income (plus the obvious savings account). I am probably more adept at living in the bush then the average soul that finds their way there. I grew up in very remote rural Oregon. Often we had no water or electricity, hunting and fishing was the way of life. We had snow and poor weather most months of the year. I miss it.

Either way, its looking more like the move will be to Wrangell or another SE island. . . at least for now. i will save the bush for another eight or nine years when the kids are gone!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM

225 posts, read 400,856 times
Default Good morning

Well, just started my generator and it is a nice morning. It's a balmy 5 degrees and the sun is just starting to come up. Today is mail day and I will be getting ready to make a trip to the village to get mail. Up late last night watching the Northern lights. WOW, as I was looking out the window I see "BUNTINGS" these are small white birds that arrive for spring. So, it may be an early spring. Having a nice hot cup of coffee.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Default Different thought

I was thinking about this last night and maybe I should have a different thread. Maybe I should ask if there are any women who have thought about living a remote lifestyle or thinking about that move now. Men are welcome to chime in also but, usually most men do think about this or are planning on doing it. Either way, I would enjoy hearing input from everyone. I would also like to know why you would make this move, that is an important aspect.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 PM

437 posts, read 815,298 times
I have thought of it. But I haven't done it.

A number of years ago I met someone and he and I became a thing. He lived in the bush off and on for years and years. He also was a guide up there for a long time with his own camp. At the time I thought it would be quite novel to live with him in the bush somewhere. I am so glad now it never came to fruition. After years of living with an abusive alcoholic, what would have ever happened if I had went into the bush with him to live? The first few years weren't too bad but as time went on I could see what was happening. How would anyone get away from a raving lunatic when living in a bush sitaution? You can't. Plain and simple. Which is why I wrote in my above post that you'd better really know the person well if you or anyone intend to live that lifestyle. And expecting someone to live that way without knowing each other well is a recipe for disaster.

I'm a survivor. I lived through hell and back. Alaska hasn't been too kind to me but I still love her and I will be back one day. But probably not living in the bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabushrat View Post
I was thinking about this last night and maybe I should have a different thread. Maybe I should ask if there are any women who have thought about living a remote lifestyle or thinking about that move now. Men are welcome to chime in also but, usually most men do think about this or are planning on doing it. Either way, I would enjoy hearing input from everyone. I would also like to know why you would make this move, that is an important aspect.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM

Default Fyi

Some how, my name was changed to protect the innocent,LOL. Not sure what happened to ChudaJohn but, Alaskabushrat is my old name. Either way works for me. Just in case you are confused.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Some how, my name was changed to protect the innocent,LOL. Not sure what happened to ChudaJohn but, Alaskabushrat is my old name. Either way works for me. Just in case you are confused.
I wasn't confused before but now I am.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM

879 posts, read 1,730,661 times
Quote:
You enjoying some applejack out there?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I wasn't' confused before but now I am.

Don't feel confused, at one time, I signed up for this board as Alaskabushrat and then left. I signed up again to see if it got better under ChudaJohn but, somehow it got changed back to my original name. Technology at it's best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska