U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 PM

24,998 posts, read 33,314,881 times

Advertisements

Got a film crew here tomorrow doing some kind of Discovery channel bs on Bigfoot. We know there is no Bigfoot here and they know it, but they come around once a year or so and do a special on it anyway because the -48 idjits can't get enough of it. They're coming out for dinner, should be fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM

854 posts, read 1,865,123 times
oh, there's one up here, too. lots of locals have seen it.
not as many have seen little people, but that's because bigfoot is just not nearly as social.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 PM

21,368 posts, read 36,247,682 times
There's one in this area, too. I haven't heard of any sightings of the little ones either.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:55 PM

3,733 posts, read 7,446,288 times
There's a Bigfoot here. Bigfeet, in fact. They are with me everywhere I go.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 34,514,876 times
Well, the origins of Bigfoot are well-documented as you can see in this scientific report posted several years ago.

Posted by Robert M Oregon
February 05, 1999

We North westerners have wondered for quite some time why the Pacific Northwest is the habitat of Bigfoot. Scientific evidence has recently come to light that shows these creatures have developed their large feet as a result of an evolutionary trend due mainly to climate conditions.

The rainy conditions that causes a layer of mud to cover much of the terrain, it has been discovered, has caused an adaptation to occur which allows Bigfoot to walk on the wet surface without becoming mired ankle deep and therefore stranded in the rush of oncoming mudslides. (This is supported by evidence of sightings of the Yeti, or more commonly, the Abominable Snowman in the Himalayas, whose feet have grown to snowshoe-size proportions. They are able then to scamper away from oncoming avalanches.)

Fossils have been found of a creature that pre-dates Bigfoot. This animal was known as Patella Rex, literally King Kneecap. Big Knee ruled the Northwest Rainforests when the climate was even wetter, and the mud was knee deep. Again, Indian legends speak of Big Knee with awe and reverence. Unfortunately, most records of this monster were lost in the Y1K hieroglyphics crash, when the now extinct Bark Bug demolished the bark libraries.

Scientists and other explorers are excited, however, by the recent discovery of two large smooth indentations nearly eight feet across found in a sample of slaty mudstone that appear to predate even Big Knee. One of the researchers was quoted as saying; "This discovery clearly indicates the effect of climate on the evolutionary trend that leads us to Bigfoot. The Pacific Northwest was even wetter in the past, and we now have proof of the existence and origin of "Big Butt."

Last edited by RayinAK; 04-26-2011 at 01:54 AM..

Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 AM

3,733 posts, read 7,446,288 times
Seriously though, here in Washington, the triangular area between Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams has a high number of reported Bigfoot sightings, as well as other heavily wooded areas in and around the mountains. I used to be a big time believer of Bigfoot when I was a kid. My dad is convinced that the Patterson footage is real.

Haven't actually thought of Bigfoot in years, but when I do, I still wonder if he's out there somewhere. I also think of Harry and the Hendersons whenever Bigfoot crosses my mind. Used to be played all the time as a double feature with Batteries Not Included on cable when I was younger. The two movies went well together, but haven't seen either one of them in several years.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 AM

99 posts, read 522,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Seriously though, here in Washington, the triangular area between Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams has a high number of reported Bigfoot sightings, as well as other heavily wooded areas in and around the mountains.
I live in Ellensburg, and know of several sightings over the years, as well as people that have heard him. Most encounters/sightings have been in the Naneum. (We are in a valley surrounded by hills, the Naneum is a section of this with a canyon, ridge and creek. The whole forest goes all the way to Wenatchee, about 70,000 acres.)

A Sasquatch convention came around a while back. They played a tape of it' scream. The toughest old cowboy I know went white as a sheet and puked on his boots. He had heard that sound when he was in highschool jeeping with his buddies. Scared them so bad they went home. Then found out years later what is was. I'm a total believer.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM

12,282 posts, read 12,505,395 times
There are more BF living in Oklahoma ,Arkansas, Texas, Ms, Al, , Mo and La. than in the Pacific NW,

Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM

854 posts, read 1,865,123 times
our's lives in a cave back in the mountains. somebody once offered to take me there, but i politely refused. i prefer my bigfoot to have an air of mystery!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 AM

6,423 posts, read 5,029,026 times
Everyone knows that there is no Bigfoot in Alaska. Hairy Man, on the other hand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska