U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 AM

2,519 posts, read 6,241,043 times

Advertisements

I saw a ufo once. It was on the Koyokuk River between Bettles and Wiseman. it was about -65 degrees on Dec 27. Turned out to be the moon just coming up...but while it most of it was below the horizon I was a believer. You can believe almost anything on a night like that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 AM

6 posts, read 7,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Is this, like, a serious question? I mean, seems to me that this is similar to going to the Montana forum and asking, "Where's the best place to find unicorns in western Montana?"
I'm sorry, I have to give props to this reply. You get a rep vote from me Ship of Fools, just for making me laugh!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,343,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I saw a ufo once. It was on the Koyokuk River between Bettles and Wiseman. it was about -65 degrees on Dec 27. Turned out to be the moon just coming up...but while it most of it was below the horizon I was a believer. You can believe almost anything on a night like that.
Whoa..... that just sounds unreal. Not the UFO part, the location part. I have to ask, are you pulling everyone's leg? Not that I doubt you, but that's a really wide location range, and plus, you're just over the Brooks Range from the Slope. I take it this was done when the Dalton was in existence. Were you guys camping out there, or what?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM

22,312 posts, read 29,394,044 times
I knocked over a glass of red wine on the deck last night and it formed into the shape of my dog's head; does that count?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM

2,519 posts, read 6,241,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Whoa..... that just sounds unreal. Not the UFO part, the location part. I have to ask, are you pulling everyone's leg? Not that I doubt you, but that's a really wide location range, and plus, you're just over the Brooks Range from the Slope. I take it this was done when the Dalton was in existence. Were you guys camping out there, or what?
This was dec 27 but a long time ago, late 70s. There is a lot more to the story but suffice it to say that I was standing on the back of a fold-a-sled being pulled by a friend on his skidoo elan on the Koyukuk River in the middle of the night. We were about 1/2 way between Bettles and Wiseman heading toward Bettles. When we got to Bettles the first place we went was to the FAA Flight Service Center which was open at that time and was open all night. We wanted to know the official temp...it was -68 degrees at the flight service center, it was surely colder on the river ice.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:52 PM

69 posts, read 121,154 times
It is arrogant and closed minded to think we are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe. A billion plus galaxies, a billion plus stars in every galaxy. You do the math. Europe didn't even know about North and South America before Columbus. 2 continents on the same planet. Apply the same logic to space.

With all our technology and knowledge, we don't know jack in the grand scheme of things. Humanity is not special. It's time to get over ourselves.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:53 PM

854 posts, read 1,735,808 times
never look a little person in the eyes.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM

4,466 posts, read 5,567,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortstc37 View Post
never look a little person in the eyes.
Why is that and what parts of alaska are they in.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 PM

854 posts, read 1,735,808 times
they're in western alaska. stories i've been told say that eye contact can pretty much paralyze/hypnotize a person, and that person will freeze to death.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 PM

2,759 posts, read 4,578,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Yea I have gone out on snowmachine and looked and drove to remote areas but nothing, gone out with friends and a truck load of guns and hyped ourselves up and were shooting into the woods at twilight because we heard something and were thinking about the greys.
Clearly, the most pertinent response to a noise in the woods is to fire blindly at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or