Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:42 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
YAHOO... I got a phone interview tomorrow at 6 pm my time and 3 pm Anchorage time... they changed the position to a I instead of II but 3600. a month should work out just fine for anchorage... no call yet on the Soldotna, AK position but Anchorage is with in driving distance of the kenai P. and I hope I don't get too nervous and kill the chance... ... wish me luck
wishing all the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,057 times
Thank you... now I'm in panic mode... LOL... so much to do so little time... just an interview but must look at it as a "done deal"... and make sure I get my things in storage for now because I don't think I will have time for a yard sale... if they need me quickly I must do it quickly..

oh yes... my daughter decided not to rent my house... GEEZ... what's life about but great adventures and panic

Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
I am thinking you might have more than one interview.. so breathe deeply...then...darn kids anyhow, so what do think doing with your house?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Default yes... I'm sure more then one interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I am thinking you might have more than one interview.. so breathe deeply...then...darn kids anyhow, so what do think doing with your house?
Yes those darn kids indeed... She really wants to live on her own but she is an environmental engineer and her school load is quite heavy.

I had a long talk with my ex tonight... he is renting a very expensive studio apartment and would consider renting my house... imagine that LOL... he would be doing my daughter a favor because then I wouldn't have to quick sell the house, he loves this place and she would have a place to stay for the next two years. (she was looking to live with a friend of hers and having to pay rent.. which I would have paid for)

After 2 years she will be a grad student and she might be doing her research some place else (might even be in Alaska!!)...

I would still be sending money for repairs etc. but I could move without the worry of rent and a mortgage payment.

Who would have ever thought... LOL

Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 PM

468 posts, read 799,421 times
Quote:
GEEZ... what's life about but great adventures and panic
Isn't that the truth! I hope things work out with your ex and the house. That sounds like it would be a great solution. **Keeping fingers crossed** for you tomorrow!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
I'm sure you'll do great. Sounds like things are working out really well for you

Old 08-16-2011, 04:34 AM

Oh thank you Lunabell and Metlakatla...

I believe if we both make it to Alaska Lunabell.. we need to meet up and celebrate... I would love to meet your family and we all will recognise each other with the large smiles on our faces...

Just an interview with more to come I'm sure but I couldn't sleep this morning (was up at 4 am.. that would be 1 am there in Alaska!)... I have plenty to get rid of in this house.. amazing what you couldn't get rid of before suddenly isn't important anymore LOL

Lunabell... I'm sure you can relate... I hope your daughter is doing well.. you have so much more you have to do and my prayers are certainly with you and your family... Alaska or bust right??

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM

200 posts, read 287,412 times
Good luck with the interview ND! Go get 'em girl

Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 PM

The first interview went well... of course you never know if you said the "key" thing or not. Sounds like they want the person to start 3 weeks after hire.. they won't have a decission until the end of next week. I asked about a possible 2nd interview and they said it could be a possibility??

I know the cards are stacked against me when it comes to the distance that I have to move but I do have a positive outlook and believe I would be a great employee for them... GEEZ...

Does anyone work in Anchorage and live in Wasilla?... the google map states 44 min drive... i would probably be crazy to do such a drive with the gas prices but did find a few great places to rent.. or if anyone does do this drive maybe car pool?.. well I would bring my Subaru Forester with me but I do not know what the road (hwy 1?) is like in the winter either. So many decissions.. so little time

Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times
Quote:
The first interview went well... of course you never know if you said the "key" thing or not. Sounds like they want the person to start 3 weeks after hire.. they won't have a decission until the end of next week. I asked about a possible 2nd interview and they said it could be a possibility??

I know the cards are stacked against me when it comes to the distance that I have to move but I do have a positive outlook and believe I would be a great employee for them... GEEZ...

Does anyone work in Anchorage and live in Wasilla?... the google map states 44 min drive... i would probably be crazy to do such a drive with the gas prices but did find a few great places to rent.. or if anyone does do this drive maybe car pool?.. well I would bring my Subaru Forester with me but I do not know what the road (hwy 1?) is like in the winter either. So many decissions.. so little time
wahhhooo congrat's and hope ya get the job! sure someone will tell you about the commute....I saw ditch divers this summer between Wasilly and Anchortown!...idjit can't drive in the summer makes one wonder how they drive in the winter??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska