Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 07:43 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,322,498 times

Advertisements

thats probably why a Texas company is advertising it to us Texans, cuz we probably dont know no better....we see this and think "wow, cheap land in Alaska, no property tax!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That plot has no trees, view or waterfront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 07:46 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Always like those pics. Lots of work evident there. And then there is Duane's place...

Well by snowmachine, it's a Fourty mile ride to my cabin from the gas station in Nenana, Duane in about another seventy mile or so ride past my place.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:27 PM

811 posts, read 1,305,091 times
Quote:
I'll sell you mine. Has five acres on the North Side of Totek Lake, runway next to the cabin and all sorts of critters running around... Access is by air only in the summer, snowmachine, skiplane or dog sled in the winter.

You can live in solitude or have Satellite TV and Internet and be in touch with the world....

The Toklat river is only a few miles away with the interiors biggest Grizzly, what the locals refer to as the "Toklat Grizzlies" or "Ice Bears" (because of the open water due to the warm springs, they have a late salmon run and the bears stay up until after that but they are coated with ice from going into the open water and getting out at -0 and colder temps, very hard to kill with a bow in the older days, so bears were mythical).

Ok, your search is over, poop or get off the pot....
Nice set up there, I would need some land on the road system at this time. I am taking care of mom and dad in Michigan, so I would need to be on the road system incase I need to leave ASAP. Airport close by would be a plus. That is why I kicked around Ketchikan, Juneau, SE AK or Kenai for now. .

Old 12-25-2011, 08:35 PM

2,519 posts, read 6,990,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
Nice set up there, I would need some land on the road system at this time. I am taking care of mom and dad in Michigan, so I would need to be on the road system incase I need to leave ASAP. Airport close by would be a plus. That is why I kicked around Ketchikan, Juneau, SE AK or Kenai for now. .
Most of SE is not on the road system. But you can get out by air. For that matter you can get out by air from Starlite's place

Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Most of SE is not on the road system. But you can get out by air. For that matter you can get out by air from Starlite's place
Do cell phones work out that way? I thought I could get a truck and just drive it up there and leave it some where and I could get around with it.
Or fly to WA and get a truck and take the ferry up.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:35 AM

854 posts, read 1,964,089 times
Both AT&T and GCI have cell service in southeast. You can find a map on either website showing their coverage.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,352,341 times
Get real far out in the bush and forget the cell phone. A satellite phone could be handy in that situation, but they aren't cheap either.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:32 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post

What??? The airport is right next to the cabin!

I can be in town faster than most on the road system! LOL

Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
What??? The airport is right next to the cabin!

I can be in town faster than most on the road system! LOL
I don't have a plane. I would have to call for a flight out. That is why I was looking for something with a road that I can take to an airport with in reason. That is why I had asked about cell phone service so I can be in contact.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,854,927 times
well Wild... technology isn't in thin air anywhere if you want remote... I spent many days out in the middle of sore finger bay off of seymour channel (admiralty island se) and the only connection was a satelite phone and the minutes are not cheap... very expensive if you want convenience and amenities with anything you want to buy. do a lot of research first and like everyone on this forum... walk it before you buy it for sure!! good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska