Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times

Advertisements

And perhaps they were posing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
Today visited Goose Lake by the UAA for a hike with our doggie. She has turned into a lean-mean-traveling-hiking-perky pooch lately! Must be that fresh northern air .
Attached Thumbnails
Some recent AK photo's-hikemoon-011.jpg   Some recent AK photo's-hikemoon-010.jpg  

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Today visited Goose Lake by the UAA for a hike with our doggie. She has turned into a lean-mean-traveling-hiking-perky pooch lately! Must be that fresh northern air .
I like the first one with the view through the trees!!!...but, after his speculation on the moving, maybe he needs a coat to match Lightning...LOL...self-absorbed....let you unpack.... he needs a pink coat

Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Does your puppy have booties too?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 PM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Does your puppy have booties too?
...Not yet - she may be a princess, but she has a real attitude about her paws. So she's "free pawing" it right now .
Dawn -- ooops logged in as hubby

Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Dawn -- ooops logged in as hubby
Is posting under an SO's login like crossdressing?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
If they are off the road (over the fog line), what's to question? The picture clearly does not show anyone hunting from a vehicle. Shooting while standing off to the side of a road is legal.

It is legal to drive down the road looking for game. You legally cannot shoot from a motor driven vehicle unless the motor is turned off and it is no longer moving as a result of power. You legally cannot shoot from the "driveable surface" of a highway or road, which probably means that a person who is over the fog line is legal. (That last is my assumption. It is also possible the requirement is to not be on any part of the pavement.)

I have lived in Ak since 76 and effectively left in 93. I remember a news article about someone being wanted for hunting with his crossbow from the side of the road. The vehicle he was in was not moving. He would spot game....stop...shoot and take off. Now that in itself is and should be illegal to leave game just suffering but I remember that they said hunting from the road was illegal too.

Oh well, not to stir up controversy, I just didn't want someone getting in "myspace" type trouble for posting up a pic that they shouldn't

Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
I want to post pics too but I don't think mine are as great as the ones being posted on here.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,651,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
I have lived in Ak since 76 and effectively left in 93. I remember a news article about someone being wanted for hunting with his crossbow from the side of the road. The vehicle he was in was not moving. He would spot game....stop...shoot and take off. Now that in itself is and should be illegal to leave game just suffering but I remember that they said hunting from the road was illegal too.
Stopping isn't enough; the engine must be turned off. Also, your description sounds as if he was shooting from inside the vehicle, which means it was on the driveable surface of the road. Of course, driving off is illegal. So there appear to be several problems with what he was doing.

We probably should note that there are exceptions to almost all of the things we've mentioned. There are specific situations when shoot from a motorized vehicle is legal, for example. Also, when it involves an airplane it isn't legal to spot game and hunt it on the same day (which is legal with a car or boat).

Old 11-06-2008, 01:50 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
I believe that shooting game and NOT harvesting the meat is an offense under Alaska law. This has recently come up on a couple of publicized violations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska