Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM

467 posts, read 777,952 times

Advertisements

^^^ Awesome! Where exactly are 3 and 4 taken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
We spent our evening out in Talkeetna, had a awesome meal and view of Denali Also go to watch the town trick - or - treat as they all stopped in the restaurant........and a spruce grouse thrown in for fun.
...These photographs are just outstanding! Thank you so much for sharing them! I also want to say that I have enjoyed every photo on this thread...thank you so much everyone, they are wonderful!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Different trails and time of the season.

Unbelievable Beauty! Thank you so much for sharing these with me!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
^^^ Awesome! Where exactly are 3 and 4 taken?
Anclote Key. About 20 miles north of Clearwater and a 4-mile paddle out. There were some boaters out on the water, mostly fishing off a nearby sandbar, but we walked all the way down to the lighthouse and only saw two other people on the island, a couple camping a mile and a half or so down from where my friend and I were camped. A private helicopter buzzed the beach a couple of times in the evening, but I didn't manage to get a picture of it.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments.

The photos I posted (a page or so back) were taken around the Chena River in North Pole, by the Recreation Area (by the boat landing). The first two were taken by the trails nearby. Now it's all covered with snow, but a month or two ago the foliage was incredibly beautiful. Most of the places go unnoticed by most people walking around, because these places are not really very wide. For the photo that shows a downed tree in the water, I used a wide angle lens. For the first two, and the ones where the tress reflect their images on the water, I used a Canon 100mm macro lens from a distance of around 60 yards. These areas were two small for me to use a wide angle lens.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM

46 posts, read 79,437 times
Quote:
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments.

The photos I posted (a page or so back) were taken around the Chena River in North Pole, by the Recreation Area (by the boat landing). The first two were taken by the trails nearby. Now it's all covered with snow, but a month or two ago the foliage was incredibly beautiful. Most of the places go unnoticed by most people walking around, because these places are not really very wide. For the photo that shows a downed tree in the water, I used a wide angle lens. For the first two, and the ones where the tress reflect their images on the water, I used a Canon 100mm macro lens from a distance of around 60 yards. These areas were two small for me to use a wide angle lens.
Are you a professional photographer or just an avid hobbiest?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,734,672 times
I am soooo excited!! I just met and hung out with Charles Koelsch the photographer and his wife at their place!! I know its not Alaska but....anyone wants to check out his work heres the link
chkfoto

Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenette View Post
Are you a professional photographer or just an avid hobbiest?
Just a hobby I began back in the film days. Used a Nikon F3 then, and then switched to Canon digital SLR a few years ago.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 PM

46 posts, read 79,437 times
Quote:
Just a hobby I began back in the film days. Used a Nikon F3 then, and then switched to Canon digital SLR a few years ago.
Kudos to all who post pictures on this thread. They are really phenomenal. Lots of talent here. This is the first thread I look at ...want to see the beautiful pictures. You can tell the folks on this forum really love their state. When such beauty is seen, captured and shared it is a wonderful gift and you give it so freely. Thank you so much....

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenette View Post
Kudos to all who post pictures on this thread. They are really phenomenal. Lots of talent here. This is the first thread I look at ...want to see the beautiful pictures. You can tell the folks on this forum really love their state. When such beauty is seen, captured and shared it is a wonderful gift and you give it so freely. Thank you so much....
I agree. I wish Michiganders would be as passionate about Michigan as you guys are about Alaska. It seems like all I hear in the MI forum is how much it sucks and "I can't wait to leave."

Alaska is truly a beautiful state and hopefully I'll get a chance to live there soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska