Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I have never been more confused in all my life.

Are you here but are limited to getting around because of the broken leg?
Are you halfway around the globe and seriously think you can just apply online to become an Alaskan resident?

If your not in the US please go to the "legal immigration" forum.
Now I go Duh! and smile,typical....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 PM

244 posts, read 485,943 times
Quote:
Now I go Duh! and smile,typical....
Specially when someone asks what to bring!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencisneros View Post
how am i able to apply online to become a alska resident i have a broken leg
Type with your fingers? I can't see any other way to apply online with a broken leg.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
Specially when someone asks what to bring!
So be it...LOL

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-21-2009 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: Will be fun and looking forward to it...

Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Type with your fingers? I can't see any other way to apply online with a broken leg.
ROLFLAMO!! BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HABWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HABWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA

That was hilarious Rance.. I have no idea why but I have tears running down my cheeks..

Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
LOL old thread came to life. We've been living in the Valley for 8 years and I have never found a great wealth of jobs there (decent paying) unless you are related to or friends with someone at the Borough to work there. BTW we are heading back this Sunday; making the long drive again, but worth it. Our family obligations have been fulfilled so it's time to eagerly head back home to Alaska. We have a choice...we can either remain here in lower 48 or return...no brainer there which we chose. LOL.
Pat I'm so happy for you!!!!! Do you have work lined up? Happy to hear everything worked out ok with the family. No offense, but I wish you weren't passing thru this way this weekend, I would have so luved to by you all a cup of coffee and smuggle myself in your trunk. Have a safe trip

Old 05-23-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Pat I'm so happy for you!!!!! Do you have work lined up? Happy to hear everything worked out ok with the family. No offense, but I wish you weren't passing thru this way this weekend, I would have so luved to by you all a cup of coffee and smuggle myself in your trunk. Have a safe trip
Girl...you have tried every trick...I might just have to come get you....never know...have your house packed or someone responsible....You need to be here...

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Lyoness...I have a fifty dollar companion ticket for the 4th of June. Come and spend the summer with us.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,053 times
Need a job there Not even a nibble on any of the apps I put in up there, but you can't fault employers there. What trashed all my planning was losing my transfer. At least I'm working here again, but only thru a temp (may go perm, then I could have the possibility to transfer again eventually. I found out BOA has openings for what I do come up pretty frequently there). But with losing such a huge chunk of equity and investments this past year, doing the math I would be terrified to try living off what little I have left for very long up there. Got my passport, got my Milepost, just can't keep the freakin ducks lined up. Hanging on to my dream, but trying to stay out of the blues, feeling like you've lost control of your own life truely sux sometimes. Sorry for the pity party, just needed to get it out I guess, I promise not to let it happen again

Old 05-23-2009, 10:47 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
Hold on to your dream Lyoness, it will come true, just hold tight. We came up here with a good amount of savings. Jobs didn't workout as they were, we have had some tough times, though things are looking better as time goes on. Jan had a good talk with our landlord Friday, he's just darn glad that he has someone living here that cares about the house and keeps it up. It is really a nice house! I'm going to be doing some work on the house soon, and that will be worked into the rent. A great deal, I love the barder way. I've also heard from him about a pretty good job, I'll be calling Tuesday. It's more pay and better hours then I'm working now.

Anyway, just keep your dream. Mine started in the 80's to move here, but it did come true.

Ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska