Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,880 times

Advertisements

Thank you all so much for the comments I really appreciate it very much, I was just thinking about moving to Alaska because it would be something new, I live in California it's all I know, And the reason I asked about racism is because I seen a website that was talking about the racism in alaska, but when you think about it you can find that anywhere, overall I just think Alaska is a very Beautiful place (from the pictures I have seen) and since I was a lil girl I always said that "I wanna live in Alaska" anyways thanks again everyone!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 11,880 times
Thank you all so much for the comments I really appreciate it very much, I was just thinking about moving to Alaska because it would be something new, I live in California it's all I know, And the reason I asked about racism is because I seen a website that was talking about the racism in alaska, but when you think about it you can find that anywhere, overall I just think Alaska is a very Beautiful place (from the pictures I have seen) and since I was a lil girl I always said that "I wanna live in Alaska" anyways thanks again everyone!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM

339 posts, read 588,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceD91 View Post
It is none of your business how many PFD checks I have received. But, I can direct you to pfd.alaska.gov/ where they do an excellent job of clarifying all of the rules and regulations regarding the permanent fund.

Furthermore, if anyone is entitled to a PFD check--it is me. I said it here before and I will say it again--Alaska Lawmakers need to step up and enact stricter regulation of the fund.

Also, the fund has been dwindling down because the (so-called conservative) military families have been applying for PFD checks long after leaving Alaska. I think military families should be completely exempt from receiving a PFD check. Too much fraudulent-related activities going on.

In closing, I would like to state that I know my philosophical view points may not be popular in the Alaska threads--particularly amongst the older generations--but we need some new, young and fresh ideas to get Alaska, and the rest of the country, out of the turmoil that it is currently in. I believe that effective action cannot be taken until the ISSUES are ADDRESSED.

As a Vet, who came to Alaska via the USAF, I find it offensive that you would lump all Military together. "PFDs should only go to LIFELONG Alaskans, with a minimum 5-10 year permanent Alaska residency requirement." Really? Since when is 5-10 considered "LIFELONG"? Unless you failed English, you should have learned the difference between lifelong, meaning your ENTIRE life, and long-term, meaning a period of time with a certain longevity --usually longer than your 5-10. Every time you get on here you show your ignorance. Oh yeah, I AM one of those older generation members, therefore I have paid my dues and earned the right to ALL of MY opinions and not just spewing anything that pops into my head, as it appears you do. If even 1 of your posts showed any attempt at thinking I might give you the credit of atleast using your mind, occasionally.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
just from my observation, working for the military for almost half of my 20+ career, at several military posts, large majority are outspokenly Republican

Democrat until I became a Libertarian. Most Vets I know are Dem but I also know a lot from the generation before me and my kids generation that are Reps. I am wondering if we don't tend to see what resembles us. Sort of like when you are expecting and all of a sudden you see babies everywhere. They were there you just didn't realize it.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
If you were really a Liberal then you would agree with everything I wrote in my last paragraph (not face palm). Because everything I wrote is certainly true. Romney/Paul could care less about the overwhelming majority of AVERAGE Americans in this country. It is too bad many ignorant voters do not see this and will cast their vote for the ticket anyway in November. I am not worried about it though. I am confident our President will be re-elected and America will be the#1 SUPERPOWER in the world again!

Thought so. You are just spewing what our, and I use "our" very sarcastically in case you have a trouble realizing it, Bi-racial -- yes not black -- president feeds you. Mavbe you need do a lot more reading and thinking for yourself. He did take over a bad economy but HE made it a whole lot worse. And whenever he couldn't get appointments he wanted he either appointed "Czars" or waited for a weekend "recess". If he doesn't go down as the WORST President in U.S. History I will be convinced we are ruled by fools.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 AM

57 posts, read 162,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
Thought so. You are just spewing what our, and I use "our" very sarcastically in case you have a trouble realizing it, Bi-racial -- yes not black -- president feeds you. Mavbe you need do a lot more reading and thinking for yourself. He did take over a bad economy but HE made it a whole lot worse. And whenever he couldn't get appointments he wanted he either appointed "Czars" or waited for a weekend "recess". If he doesn't go down as the WORST President in U.S. History I will be convinced we are ruled by fools.
Bi-racial? President Obama is "MORE BLACK" than most Black people in America today. Barack Obama's father is 100% Black! There are NO Black Americans--that are descendants of SLAVES--who have a 100% Black parent, because the sick SLAVE MASTERS was RAPING the Black female slaves, because he had no sexual desire for his WHITE WIFE! The Slave Master's wife was only around for baby making purposes! When master wanted to get his freak on he was looking for a BLACK WOMAN!

DON'T YOU EVER IN THE SLIGHTEST TRY TO ELABORATE ON SOMETHING YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF BECAUSE YOU WILL GET CHECKED REAL QUICK!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 AM

48 posts, read 87,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post

Quote:
Bi-racial? President Obama is "MORE BLACK" than most Black people in America today. Barack Obama's father is 100% Black! There are NO Black Americans--that are descendants of SLAVES--who have a 100% Black parent, because the sick SLAVE MASTERS was RAPING the Black female slaves, because he had no sexual desire for his WHITE WIFE! The Slave Master's wife was only around for baby making purposes! When master wanted to get his freak on he was looking for a BLACK WOMAN!

DON'T YOU EVER IN THE SLIGHTEST TRY TO ELABORATE ON SOMETHING YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF BECAUSE YOU WILL GET CHECKED REAL QUICK!
So by your math, an black person in America today that has two black parents is less black than Obama who had a black mother and a white mother??? I believe you were bragging about getting your bachelors degree soon - obviously, you skipped the math portion of the requirement. Or, maybe you're just not as smart as you like to think you are.

If you truly care so much about America as you would like to make us believe, then do yourself (and everybody else) a favor and research just what exactly Obama is doing - and trying to do - to this great country. I'm sure you don't have it in you, because all of those facts are just made up lies to make Obama look bad, right?

Question for you: does the U.S. Constitution mean anything to you?
(hint: pretty sure I know the answer. I just want to see you have the guts to admit it)

Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag24 View Post

So by your math, an black person in America today that has two black parents is less black than Obama who had a black mother and a white mother??? I believe you were bragging about getting your bachelors degree soon - obviously, you skipped the math portion of the requirement. Or, maybe you're just not as smart as you like to think you are.

If you truly care so much about America as you would like to make us believe, then do yourself (and everybody else) a favor and research just what exactly Obama is doing - and trying to do - to this great country. I'm sure you don't have it in you, because all of those facts are just made up lies to make Obama look bad, right?

Question for you: does the U.S. Constitution mean anything to you?
(hint: pretty sure I know the answer. I just want to see you have the guts to admit it)
Barack Obama's mother had Black blood running through her veins, apparently you don't keep up with news and missed that President Barack Obama's mother was the descendant of a black slave, genealogists have concluded after two years of research and DNA testing.

NO BLACK PERSON IN AMERICA THAT IS A DESCENDANT OF SLAVES IS FULL BLACK! DUE TO THE PERVERTED SLAVE MASTER RAPING BLACK WOMEN!

If Barack Obama is bi-racial, then it is fair to say all Blacks are bi-racial.

I know my BLACK HISTORY! No white person can ever try to lie and distort the TRUTH to me! One who does NOT know their history is doomed to repeat it and white people will NEVER put my people back in chains!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Quote:
This is probably the craziest and most irresponsible statement I have ever read coming from a parent! Why would you NOT teach your kids VALUES and teach them to avoid the use of drugs and alcohol?! Saying that you would prefer that your "kids be on pot and booze" just proves that you are a sorry excuse for a parent. Let my blunt straightforward language be a wake up call to you!
YOU... ARE... AN... IDIOT. I never said I wanted my kids to drink booze and smoke pot. As others pointed out, I would rather them do that than do the other drugs I mentioned. Of course I would prefer them to be drug free. But I am not naive... I don't helicopter my children.

You stated in an other post you were on AYC so you have morals, yet you continue to collect a PFD through fraud. Yes we know, you're better than everyone else and you are due that PFD because you lived in Alaska so much longer than the residents whom are claiming PFDs after only being there 2 years.

I was also born and raised in Alaska. When I moved out, I didn't file for my PFD... why? Because I like to think in my soul I am a true Alaskan and would never want to steal from those who deserve and are legally entitled to it.

You do understand children are individuals and you can try to instill all the values you want in them and all you can do is hope you taught them right? I grew up in a family of 3 boys. My parents had excellent values. My brothers were straight as arrows growing up.... me, I was the black sheep. I partied, I drank, I smoked pot, I was never arrested and never did harm to people (no vandalism, no fighting). Guess what? I turned out pretty fantastic. Is it my parents fault that I was the way I was? Nope. Other than the fact they tried to keep me in this 'perfect person' mold which I had to rebel against because... well... I was a Teenager.

I know LOTS of people who were the 'perfect kid' in school and 10 years later find out that now they're getting the partying out of their system when they should be productive and haven't amounted to anything. They're losers with no responsibility and complain all the time. But hey, they were in Youth Court, School Politics and got good grades...

If you think values are based on drug use and partying... I repeat... YOU... ARE... AN.. IDIOT. I base values on being a good person, honesty, loyalty, accepting and being dependable when your friends/family needs you.

Amazing how a liberal... who is basically supposed to accept everyone for who they are... can be so judgmental. Do yourself a favor. Stay in GA and don't ruin AK. I would like AK to remain a wonderful place to return to when I am ready to retire.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
My parents had excellent values. My brothers were straight as arrows growing up.... me, I was the black sheep. I partied, I drank, I smoked pot, I was never arrested and never did harm to people (no vandalism, no fighting). Guess what? I turned out pretty fantastic. Is it my parents fault that I was the way I was? Nope. Other than the fact they tried to keep me in this 'perfect person' mold which I had to rebel against because... well... I was a Teenager.
I don't go back and forth with uneducated "druggies" so have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska