Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,635 times

Advertisements

Long story short, don't trust (married into) family.

With that said, I am trying to find a business broker in Alaska (my business is in Eagle River), but I can't seem to find one that I think I can trust.
I am a believer in personal referals, so I wanted to check and see if you dear C-D guys/gals had a clue about any trustworthy brokers (specialized in portrait studios if possible?) ?

On the same note, would anyone have a clue where to find a locksmith serving the Eagle River area that would be open on a Monday? (I'm Internet savvy, but those guys don't seem to like to be found by google).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

With that said, I am trying to find a business broker in Alaska (my business is in Eagle River), but I can't seem to find one that I think I can trust.
I am a believer in personal referals, so I wanted to check and see if you dear C-D guys/gals had a clue about any trustworthy brokers (specialized in portrait studios if possible?) ?

On the same note, would anyone have a clue where to find a locksmith serving the Eagle River area that would be open on a Monday? (I'm Internet savvy, but those guys don't seem to like to be found by google).

Well once upon a time, I had a business in Anchorage I was going to sell. I did go though a couple of different brokers, all of which weren't any better at selling my business than I was. I did sell it, but it was before the internet was up and running like today.

There are some places that you may be able to market it yourself, Alaskaslist.com, 907Bigboystoys.com and a bunch of other local type places, even on ebay, but you want to be really cautious! The newspapers (two at that time in Anchorage, one now) didn't seem to generate much interest. But I could think of a few ways to sell what you have now, one is to openly hire someone to train to sell it to them. But there is a lot of ways to creatively market you business nowadays as well.

Heck, maybe even Marty can help you.

Good Luck!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,996 times
Sweden, I honestly don't know any broker who specializes in selling businesses in Eagle River. i doubt that there are any.

Chris Stephens is a good business broker in Anchorage. You might give hime a call.

I don't specialize in business. I haven't done a very good job for Mark and his cabin either for that matter, it's still for sale.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
I don't think Mark should sell his cabin anyway.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,519,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

I am assuming that you want to sell a portrait studio business?

Can't help with a broker, but was curious as to what type of business you were trying to sell. I have been checking franchise and businesses for sale sites, but I don't know how reputable they are. So I am reluctant to recommend one.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think Mark should sell his cabin anyway.
Me neither, but I don't have time to get out there much anymore!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,021,418 times
Your cabin is for sale?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Your cabin is for sale?
Yes...his cabin is for sale. Contact Mark or contact me. Actually, I've never been there so if you actually want to go look at it, contact Mark.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Chris Stephens is a good business broker in Anchorage. You might give hime a call.
Do you know approximately how much per centage he would charge of a sale? I don't have much hope of selling it for too much and so if I do go for a broker (I'm still trying to do it on my own currently), I need one that's good and that doesn't charge too much. (I'm looking to re-invest in another business.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
I am assuming that you want to sell a portrait studio business?
That would be correct.

I'll be looking into Chris Stephens probably within a week or so if I don't get someone on my own to be interested. But if you guys know of others/other ways then I am open to any tips or suggestions still.

And if by any chance you happen to know of someone who might be interested in a well established and well known (google "photo studio eagle river" - the first one to pop up should/will be mine) portrait studio (and lab) then please give them a nudge my way

Thanks guys. Any and all advice is still needed/wanted and greatly appreciated!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,065 times
Lightbulb Is there an outcome to this thread yet? :)

Hi there. I'm just wondering how it's going with everyone's goals listed in this thread... Mark's cabin... Sweden's business... I hope all has gone well with everyone. Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska