Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha998 View Post
I loathed Wells Fargo--a fee for everything and they were less helpful than they could have been when I had a fraudulent charge, though I did eventually get my money back.

I closed my account after 6 months and went with Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union, which has been great. They probably only have branches in the valley, though.
Oddly enough, they were really helpful when I had a fraudulent charge, despite the stories I have heard. Maybe they are getting better now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Alaska USA also has the advantage of having branches and ATMs in the Seattle area and in California.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM

287 posts, read 598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Oddly enough, they were really helpful when I had a fraudulent charge, despite the stories I have heard. Maybe they are getting better now?
They are trying to stop the "bleeding" off of loosing customers from all the changes they have been making lately... But they still aren't quite as bad as Bank of America is, I've never had as much trouble with a bank as I had with BofA... Horrible bank and they don't give flip about customers.

Had direct deposit - numerous occasions took out auto-pays before putting in the deposit, even though they were for the same day.

That's why they have a class action suit for it.

Good customer service is gone the bigger a company gets.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,118 times
Denali Alaskan and / or Alaska USA.

Have both. Have used Debit cards in ATMs all over Alaska, the west, (lower 48), Yukon, and Mexico. Denali waved cash conversion fees in Mexico and Canada. Alaska USA conversion fees were small. Denali Alaskan and Mat Su credit union have an agreement and you can use Mat Su ATMs without fees.

Custer service with both is great.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,247,217 times
I'm still using AlaskaUSA, even back here in MI. I have nothing but good to say about them. They are part of the CU Service Centers and have "shared branches" throughout the states. If I ever need to go to a branch office, there is a shared branch just a few miles from me.

When changed my address with AlaskaUSA I received a letter stating "Once a member, always a member, no matter where you live".

Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I'm still using AlaskaUSA, even back here in MI. I have nothing but good to say about them. They are part of the CU Service Centers and have "shared branches" throughout the states. If I ever need to go to a branch office, there is a shared branch just a few miles from me.

When changed my address with AlaskaUSA I received a letter stating "Once a member, always a member, no matter where you live".
If we ever move out of Alaska, we'll likely do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska