Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,708 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Can someone suggest some resources to find rental in Barrow? Rental is for one adult, furnished would be ideal , for six months to one year.

Thanks so much !

Brigitte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,614,728 times
I'm assuming you are traveling there for employment. Has your employer been able to give you any leads?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
What AKStafford said. Housing in Barrow is a giant Charlie Foxtrot right now because of the oil work being done. Everyone who rents here figured out it's better to rent to Shell because they'll pay three times what a private renter will so they're busy trying to get anyone not Shell out of housing. UIC and ASNA are also swooping up as much as they can, UIC because they want to rent to Shell and ASNA for hospital workers. There are fierce politics being played out in town right now that make me very happy I have housing provided through the hospital.

I'll keep an eye out for any postings at the AC or bank but they go quick and prices are higher now then they were this time last year.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
I remember going to a call in the 12-plexes in 1984. 8 Filipino's living in a 1 bedroom apt. They somehow managed to squeeze a bunk bed into the pantry. Good luck!! Hope you find some housing that works out!

Old 07-04-2015, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,644 times
I am looking for rental in barrow as well i have job opening in nome and in barrow my choice its where ever i find housing 1st...I also have a service dog so if its a room in someones home they should be awae, but i am not finding resouces online for either place any help would be appreciated

Old 07-05-2015, 10:42 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsandahLMT View Post
I am looking for rental in barrow as well i have job opening in nome and in barrow my choice its where ever i find housing 1st...I also have a service dog so if its a room in someones home they should be awae, but i am not finding resouces online for either place any help would be appreciated
That's because there are no resources online. Housing is so tight in both places they don't need to advertise on the internets. Your best bet is to talk to your prospective employer and see if they can help you out. If you taking a job with TSA be aware you may not be able to afford housing costs in either community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: