Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM

15 posts, read 72,957 times

Advertisements

can anyone tell me something about this old gold minning town. (ghost town ????) ... is there a store there ? what about electricity ? also is there any land for sale around this area ? we are checking out all possible places to live and would like to know what this area is like . any info would be great thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM

hey we really dont believe in ghost but it would be a great place for those kind of stories huh?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memawandpapaw View Post
can anyone tell me something about this old gold minning town. (ghost town ????) ... is there a store there ? what about electricity ? also is there any land for sale around this area ? we are checking out all possible places to live and would like to know what this area is like . any info would be great thanks
Somewhat an isolated place on the Elliott Highway, not too far from Fairbanks. One passes Livingood on the way to Prudoe Bay. It gets very cold there during the winter months. Google Earth doesn't even show the road to it

Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,148 times
My guess is the livin' ain't so good in Livengood...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
My guess is the livin' ain't so good in Livengood...
Something like that. One would have to drive to Fairbanks to work and buy groceries, and it can be a hair raising experience driving on that sleek road But it's paved up to Livingood. It should be around 60 miles from Livingood to Fairbanks. A long way for groceries, but those folks still work and buy stuff in Fairbanks each day.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:25 PM

is livin' not good in livengood. i mean we want a place where our grandkids can be and not have to worry about a lot of crime. is it not safe to live there ??? as ihave stated earlier no certian place has been decided on as of yet. thanks all

Old 11-09-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
is livin' not good in livengood. i mean we want a place where our grandkids can be and not have to worry about a lot of crime. is it not safe to live there ??? as ihave stated earlier no certian place has been decided on as of yet. thanks all
Well,as I said before, it's a sort of isolated place, with not too much for kids nor grown ups to do, unless you travel over 60 miles to Fairbanks. What do you think the kids will do without Internet, a library, skating rink, a park, a shopping center, a grocery store, or a hamburger joint around? Livingood is just a bunch houses away from each other and next to a road. That's all. The kids will have to ride a bus to school in Fairbanks. Alaska is not like other States. This is a huge place with a few roads. Lots of villages don't have electric power, nor telephone, although some folks have sat. telephones.

To understand what I am trying to tell you, search the Internet for
"Livingood, Alaska," and see if you can find photos of the city of Livingood

Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 PM

251 posts, read 706,514 times
This should let you know everything you need to know.

Livengood, Alaska (AK) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news

Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM

64 posts, read 424,963 times
Crime in Livengood? There is...

Crazy folk live up that way, and I ain't kidding. Guy who shot the Pipeline, and his family lives there... and the whole family is alot like him.

Livengood is just a point on the map...

Fairbanks Crime is rarely Violent-Random like you find in the lower 48... it's often two guys who've been fighting over the same woman for 30 years, and finally have enough booze to escalate it.

You really need to worry about Bears and critters up here, mostly Moose. and you shouldn't be allowing children to play unattended up here because of that, not the "crime"

Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 9,319 times
Default Livengood in Livengood

Quote:
I live 6 miles from the old town of Livengood, there are only 6 people that are year around. All that is in livengood is few houses and the state maintenance camp.
The only crime we have is the Lewis but they reside in the Fairbanks jail at present and are not really a problem before, granted 20 years ago they were.
We are off grid, generator wind power and solar works fine, once set up is low cost power.
It takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to town winter and summer, have made it in under hour. The road is state maintained but always good.
I think my place will be for sale this year unless my health improves, 5 acres, 2900 sq ft house with 600sq ft deck covered, plus 1500 sq ft shop, all built in the last 3 years. If I do sell will be asking $275,000.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska