Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:40 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The only good thing about politics is the Tea Party. The corruption relates to both the ones in charge of the Republican party, and the ones in charge of the Democrat party. The Tea party wants to kick both out of office, and so a lot of independent Alaskans.
Really?

As Deep Throat told Woodward and Bernstein, "follow the money".

Who is funding the "Tea Party"?

Tea Party - SourceWatch

The Billionaire Koch Brothers’ War Against Obama : The New Yorker

FreedomWorks tea party group nearly falls apart in fight between old and new guard - The Washington Post

Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,624,140 times
I don't consider desmogblog (or any blog) to be a reliable news source. You're pointing to political operatives to support your opinions.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:38 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
I don't consider desmogblog (or any blog) to be a reliable news source. You're pointing to political operatives to support your opinions.
I guess you don't consider newspapers to be reliable news sources either, huh?

Never mind, just stick your head back in the sand and go back to sleep.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:01 PM

854 posts, read 1,977,004 times
The blog links to its sources. Follow those links if you are curious about reliability.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Really?

You post a bunch of links from people who oppose the Tea Party as being gospel? What has the opposition to the Tea party anything to do with the politics of Alaska, which by the way is what this thread is all about?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Thank God, he's not one of our senators but he came dangerously close to almost being one.

That's "so what".
And the world could have ended numerous times in the past, and the sky could have fallen...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:38 PM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
But he holds the distinction of being the rare candidate who was defeated by a write in candidate after wining his primary. That says something about him that speaks volumes about how the normal people of Alaska feel about his kind of politics. He probably can't win another election on Alaska which is a good thing.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
But he holds the distinction of being the rare candidate who was defeated by a write in candidate after wining his primary. That says something about him that speaks volumes about how the normal people of Alaska feel about his kind of politics. He probably can't win another election on Alaska which is a good thing.
And Lisa holds the following distinctions:

-She was defeated by a rare candidate in the primaries
-She was handed her job in Congress by her father
-She is in the list of most corrupt politicians in Washington

I don't know if Miller can win any elections or not. All I know is that when he ran and won the primaries, he was not being backed by the Republican Party. I also know that when politicians hole-up in Congress, they are there for a long and corrupt life, and that no Democrat nor Republican voters alone can get rid of them. The only way that can happen is if the independent voters, Tea partiers, and Libertarians unite and vote-in a "rare" candidate. No Democrat nor Republican is going to vote against his or her politician.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times
Ray I agree with you, because that is what I have seen too many times before. It is sad that, that is the case too.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 AM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
And Lisa holds the following distinctions:

-She was defeated by a rare candidate in the primaries.
-She was handed her job in Congress by her father
-She is in the list of most corrupt politicians in Washington

I don't know if Miller can win any elections or not. All I know is that when he ran and won the primaries, he was not being backed by the Republican Party. I also know that when politicians hole-up in Congress, they are there for a long and corrupt life, and that no Democrat nor Republican voters alone can get rid of them. The only way that can happen is if the independent voters, Tea partiers, and Libertarians unite and vote-in a "rare" candidate. No Democrat nor Republican is going to vote against his or her politician.
That Lisa was defeated by the worst candidate in the primary shows only that neither was a viable candidate and no one was willing to run for the office. Saying Lisa was handed the job by her father shows only that you are seriously wrong in your assumptions. It takes votes to get elected and unless Alaska has the worst election process in the Nation that fact precludes anyone from inheriting such a position. A few people have been appointed by some official but to be reelected they must have an adequate number of votes to be reelected. And there is nothing you can prove that would say any particular politician is in whatever list is maintained by whatever interest group you care to nominate for the honor. That is governed by opinion. And we all know what is an opinion.

And that any grouping of third party voters can do anything to win elections is almost a lonesome opinion. The founding fathers couldn't have imagined that the political process would degenerate into what we have today because the parties have switched sides and positions too many times to be more than shadows of what they started out as. The parties we have today cater to whatever the present crop of opinions needs to be fed. The evolution of the Republican party has changed the platform that is supported into almost the opposite of what it was just fifty years ago. That bad politicians are elected and reelected is a fact that democracy hasn't been able to completely eliminate. Greed is the mothers milk of politics and as long as that is true we will have bad politics. How would you wish we could select those who we can vote for? It may not be the choice of all but it is still the best that greedy people have yet invented.

Last edited by richelles; 05-22-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: