Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Stop with this long distance nonsense. When are you guys tieing the knot already?
Well...when ever she gives me a time and date...I'll be the first to know! No sooner than this coming summer.

Warpt we only live once man. You know you gotta go for it. The work will be so worth it. Don't let the age thing bother you. More than likely you'll be at the top of your class. I don't think a person can ever be to old to expand their horizons. It will be something you can tell your grandkids about.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:28 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,178,969 times
Wow! Warptman that sounds like soooooo much fun!!

I am sure you'll take lots of fabulous pictures!!

Like Karla said, "I wanna go!!" (isn't there like a CD travel clublol )

Last edited by GoddessofRandomThoughts; 01-18-2008 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,121,949 times
Had a song in my head since I read Paris in the syllabus: NOFX---Champs Elysees

Je m' baladais sur l' avenue
Le coeur ouvert à l' inconnu
J' avais envie de dire bonjour
A n' importe qui
N' importe qui et ce *** toi
Je t' ai dit n' importe quoi
Il suffisait de te parler
Pour t' apprivoiser
Aux Champs-Elysées
Aux Champs-Elysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
A midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout c' que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Elysées
Tu m' as dit : "Jai rendez-vous
dans un sous-sol avec des fous
qui vivent la guitare à la main
du soir au matin"
Alors je t' ai accompagnée
On a chanté, on a dansé
Et l' on a même pas pensé
A s' embrasser
Aux Champs-Elysées
Aux Champs-Elysées
Au soleil sous la pluie
A midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout c' que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Elysées

Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,147 times
Do you speak French Warpt? Do you know what that means? BTW....do not let the age thing get you. I did not get serious about college until my mid 30's. I joined the military right out of high school and then traveled around a bit. I did find the younger students annoying, but there were also a surprising amount of older students my age and this encouraged me. Ultimately I went on with my masters degree and alot of these older returning students did the same. I think you'll be just fine. You're never too old to learn and that's the beauty....you're open to it.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:28 PM

I took a semester in highschool, many many many years ago. This is the English translation

I was walking (strolling) on the avenue,the heart opened to the unknown
I wanted to say hello to anyone
Anyone and that was you,i told you anything,
Just hadda talk to you,to tame (win over) you.

On the champselysées,on the champselysées
Under the sun,under the rain,at midday or midnight,
There's whatever you want on the champselysées

You said"i have rendez vous in a basement(underground)
With mad(crazy)guys who live with guitar in the hand,
From evening til' morning
So,i've accompanied you (came with you),we sang,we danced
And we even not thought about kissin'(embracin')

On the champselysées,on the champselysées
Under the sun,under the rain,at midday or midnight,
There's whatever you want on the champselysées

Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,785 times
Warptman
How many people are going on this 3 week "class"? Gosh it sounds wonderful!!
What will you apply those 3 credits to? The next class??? :-))))

Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM

I think there are 21 people from the area going. I know most of them, so I should be able to get along with them in three weeks. I haven't taken a class in such a long time, it'll be fun.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:17 PM

We're streaming now, Home I'm on air until 4pm.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:29 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,281 times
Exclamation A storm is heading towards Sweden!!!!!!!

Ok, first off, I just want to say, that it so unfair. I live 24 hours away from Paris by car, and yet I have never been there. Let alone with my school (though we might be able to go there this spring, if everything works out as planned). You lucky thing! (Just needed to say that one more time, sorry...)

Now, to the thing I always forget: secondly, I am scared. I sleep on the top of a bunk bed, just next to the wall facing the forrest, and there is a huge hurricane/storm heading towards southern Sweden! And the winds are coming the wrong way coming from Norway!
(Plus they had a huge oil spil in Copenhagen/Köpenhamn earlier today, which will now hit the Swedish beaches. Those Danes!)

I can hear it already, and it's not even supposed to be here until about 9 am, which is 7 1/2 hours from now. Oj, oj... So, let's all join in prayer that 1. There will be no more trees falling over. We've already lost 2/3 of the forrest in the hurricanes of 2005 and 2007. 2. That we will still have electricity tomorrow and throughout the weekend. It's the European championships in handball right now, and that is the only sports I like watching. Plus I need to do homeowork. (Yes, I do much of it on the computer so that when I'm bored, I can sneak over to CD for a couple of minutes or so. Shh! Don't tell my teachers)

Can anyone tell me this: how come one can be dreadfully tired all day, but as soon as one is supposed to go to bed, one is perfectly alert?
All these years of advanced biology and psychology studies, and I don't have a really good answer... Sigh...

Ok, ok, I'm going. Good night everyone, I hope to see you later today!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:13 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
Get some candles and some firewood ready! You might have to heat and cook with the fireplace! Keep us filled in. Dang...wish I was there...I love storms. Who knows...maybe you'll fianlly get some snow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska