Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 11:30 AM

94 posts, read 128,864 times

Advertisements

Aww, thank you! We might have a couple potential buyers for the place here. As we get closer to finalizing all the permits, and as all the profits start coming in to the local growers, interest is perking up!

And, we have been talking more about how our ultimate goal is to live in the bush, remotely, we just didn't think it was prudent to go straight from lower-48 to remote bush living with 4 little kids. Don't roll your eyes yet! We still mostly feel that way, lol! But, the kids and I have done way more this year on our own with the new homestead (husband is only home on weekends, works out of town), and the kids are all another year older, and by spring will be yet another half-year older. (With little kids, that means big gains in maturity, capabilities, etc.)

So, while east end / Homer is still the default plan, we are moving into researching the possibility of bush life with a family. I'll start another post on it. Of course, I have a zillion and one questions, lol! Thank you everyone for your insights and suggestions! I honestly had no idea how much I would learn from this forum!! It's like the one legit place I can trust for info! THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,423,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
I found the picture of my friend's trailer hitch... This was taken in Whitehorse. Trailer-hauler beware!
Whoof. Looks like he didn't have a weight distributing hitch nor did he slow down on the frost heaves.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:29 AM

958 posts, read 1,146,489 times
Posting this on all three of your threads. Enough is enough... "yep, , shes not ready. And if the finicum worship wasnt a joke, alaskans dont want them. Honey, weve listened to you on multiple threads throw around your crazy ideas and people have been super patient and helpful with you. You HAVENT EVEN BEEN TO ALASKA and are discarding the advice of those who live there. This reads like one of those "help we moved to alaska and now cant move back !" threads in the making. Note: if you cant even afford a scouting trip, you cant afford alaska. Alaskans: stop helping this woman, her family will just wind up another drag on your social services, all while whining about "big gubmint". "

Old 11-08-2016, 10:11 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Note: if you cant even afford a scouting trip, you cant afford alaska.
This is usually my opinion too.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:56 AM

If anyone would like to see my response to boulder2015 and the question of being able to afford a scouting trip, it's on the bush living thread.

Thank you to everyone who posted! I've learned a lot.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:13 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,423,693 times
Gosh, Seward lost out on getting its very own pet white supremacist family. What a shame.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 AM

Mizzile, again, please stop posting your accusations on every thread I have participated in. You are sounding a little psycho. We are not racist. You are out of line to slander me like that. Please stop.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:36 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,187,773 times
Looks like the shoe fits to me!

Old 11-10-2016, 01:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
If it oinks like a pig and quacks like a duck....

Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM

I am going to just state one last time, that I am not racist. I am not a white supremacist.

Metlakatla and Mizzile have become crazed cyber stalkers. I honestly have no idea how to deal with this on a forum, other than to quit posting, just ignore their posts, or leave. In real life, I would, without hesitation, be able to deal with them. In real life, they wouldn't stand there, in front of me, calling me vile names. They only do it because they can hide safely behind their keyboards. They are cowards, and nasty people.

I have gained a ton of valuable information about my move to alaska. I will stop posting here. I thank every one who posted on my threads that didn't call me names and hurtle sicko accusations at me. I am still totally excited about our upcoming move to Alaska. But I'm done swimming in the cesspool with the turds. (Metlakatla & Mizzile, in case that was too subtle, that means you two ladies).

One of these days, I will come back and post some pictures (if I figure out how) and stories about our fabulous adventures moving up!

Thank you all again that tried to help me! I very much appreciate it, and have gleaned from it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska