Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:32 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,891,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Xa'at is more than capable of thinking for herself, by the way.
My goodness, I hope so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 12:40 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times
Satch if you're moving up with a gun safe or plan to buy one up there, make sure you have it bolted to the floor. I read a story in ADN recently where someone stole someone's gun safe & hauled it away in a pickup truck. Bolting it to the floor makes it harder to steal.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,805,471 times
Well, here is the best way I can explain Juneau's attitude toward kids and guns.....

Juneau Empire Story Archive

Old 03-30-2008, 12:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Satch, you're gonna see some of those same stickers in the valley.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
Well, here is the best way I can explain Juneau's attitude toward kids and guns.....

Juneau Empire Story Archive
That's an excellent article. Thanks for posting it. I wish we had programs like that down here in the lower 48.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:55 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,805,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
That's an excellent article. Thanks for posting it. I wish we had programs like that down here in the lower 48.
Thank you. Don't judge the entire population on the comments by a few posters on an internet forum on this subject.
Alaska is very "gun friendly", and we take firearms ownership and safety very seriously.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
Thank you. Don't judge the entire population on the comments by a few posters on an internet forum on this subject.
Alaska is very "gun friendly", and we take firearms ownership and safety very seriously.
Oh I don't... I have a couple friends in the valley & they let me know how folks generally feel. I've had an opportunity to interact with folks here in this section for a few months too & y'all have a genuine pride in where you live that's actually quite refreshing to read & reflect upon.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,001,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
This is exactly what I am talking about.
It seems to me that one of the things you hate about California is encountering opinions different than yours. That will happen to you everywhere, hate to be the one to break the news. People have that bumper sticker here too...
It's not the message that I care about. It's the fact that some moron is so motivated by political hatred as to deface a beautiful (and extremely expensive) car with a freakin' bumper sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Satch if you're moving up with a gun safe or plan to buy one up there, make sure you have it bolted to the floor. I read a story in ADN recently where someone stole someone's gun safe & hauled it away in a pickup truck. Bolting it to the floor makes it harder to steal.
Lol, I've already thought of that. My best friend has an arsenal that would do most 3rd-world countries proud and his is bolted to a concrete floor.

Quote:
I know and I'm very happy about that. I have a friend who was an Anchorage cop and now does law enforcement for the state who has given me a good idea of what to expect. No Marin County stupidity up in AK, thank God.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,891,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
It's not the bumper sticker that I care about. It's the fact that some moron is so motivated by political hatred as to deface a beautiful car with a freakin' bumper sticker.
Don't you think that's his business? He paid for the car, he's well within his rights to do pretty much whatever he wants to with it in the way of decoration.
Passing judgements like than on the intellect of a guy just because of a bumper sticker is exactly what I'm talking about when I mentioned your intolerance. That sort of attitude is just not going to fly here...

Old 03-30-2008, 01:27 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
I must be a moron then, I have a bumper sticker that says, "I believe in America, not the US Government."

Thanks Satch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska