Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
You're darn tootin there are misconceptions about Texas! I can't stand that people think because Texans have that accent or say "ya'll" that they're stupid or lacking on some intellectual level.
One of the head IT people I worked with several years ago was from west Texas, and since he'd grown up on a working ranch, one of the other things he did was work for the local vets as a custom farrier when a horse had problems. Another department head introduced him to a visiting whatsit once, said he was the head computer whiz and he also shoed horses. IT guy said in that easy west Texas drawl "Thanks a lot, you've just dropped my IQ by at least 40 points." Other department head didn't get it, but then, he wsn't there all that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 02:28 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari22 View Post
After i told my grandmother that i'll be moving to AK in Sept. she freaked out and starting talking about how i need to get more big dogs (i have one) so as to keep all the viscious bears out of my house. after a silent chuckle i explained to her that we're not going to be living in the wilderness or whatever and then.....she asked who i was going to talk to since "those eskimos" don't speak any english.
i thought i was going to die laughing.....man, people must really expect igloos and eskimos?!?!
Depending on where you live, you might see one in your backyard. We used to have a bird feeder in our yard but took it down when a bear took a liking to it. I think he's still checking to see if we put it back up this year.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 PM

763 posts, read 2,260,521 times
They will also try to help you out when you smoke fish.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,991 times
This one here is not 100% true...

9. Listen up RVers! You cannot get here from there unless you take the ferry. All of Southeast Alaska except for Haines and Skagway is inaccessible by any road system. Even the state capital, Juneau, has no road connected to it. The Alaska Marine Highway System has scheduled ferry service for vehicles and passengers heading for Alaska from Bellingham, Washington and Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. We get around from place to place here by boat or airplane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska