Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Watch the movie Loose Change...
Loose change is complete bs. The bush administration does a lot of criminal stuff but 9-11 was not an inside job. W just took advantage of the situation to serve his own needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Loose change is complete bs. The bush administration does a lot of criminal stuff but 9-11 was not an inside job. W just took advantage of the situation to serve his own needs.
I don't agree.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Yeah...f words when you're drugged up or too plowed sort of lose their punch. I remember visiting my grandma in this highrise building and there was this guy standing outside.....totally Vinnie/Guido looking...wearing black, shirt unbuttoned to show his hairy chest, gold chains, slicked back hair...man it was all I could do to stop myself from losing it. I was walking in the doorway and he was standing near it. There was this woman in back of me going into the doorway as well. I just smiled at him....sorta laughed actually but I think he took it as a smile and said in total Jersey accent..."How YOU doin'?" and then the woman behind me was staring at him and he said "Yo. WTF YOU lookin at?" OMG...I laughed even harder at that point. He was sober and man did that F word have a punch!
The mental picture of this guy is hysterical, especially the gold chains. Why oh why would he think that's attractive?? Oh yes, your gold glinting against your black hairy chest is making me salivate, give me more!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Dude, you really think that they're going to play the crash the planes into the building card again? I'd be very surprised if that happened. Now they've done it, they know that we'll be watching for it. They'll find some other way.
Honestly, there's no way we can possibly stop all terrorism because there'll always be crazy people with a cause to fight for and nothing to lose, but it seems to me we could cut down on a lot on it if we were just a little more globally minded and had a foreign policy that isn't "if I don't like what you do, I'll just invade".
I totally agree. The Bush administration has totally learned how to control the population by feeding them w/the fear of terrorism. They've been able to get away w/an astounding array of crap just by peppering their speeches w/"terrorism" & "terrorist". People are so gullible! I have a fear of flying, but it's been ingrained in me since birth, not by terrorists. I'm not going to live my life afraid of what COULD happen, there's way to many other things to worry about & to solve other than terrorist action. As you said, it's going to happen anyway, why focus on it? How about fixing things in our own country? Thank you, that's the end of my rant

Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I totally agree. The Bush administration has totally learned how to control the population by feeding them w/the fear of terrorism. They've been able to get away w/an astounding array of crap just by peppering their speeches w/"terrorism" & "terrorist". People are so gullible! I have a fear of flying, but it's been ingrained in me since birth, not by terrorists. I'm not going to live my life afraid of what COULD happen, there's way to many other things to worry about & to solve other than terrorist action. As you said, it's going to happen anyway, why focus on it? How about fixing things in our own country? Thank you, that's the end of my rant
Yes...the masses are being herded to the slaughter because they believe everything they hear from the media, the government, etc. At least the Soviet people KNEW they were listening to propaganda!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Yes...the masses are being herded to the slaughter because they believe everything they hear from the media, the government, etc. At least the Soviet people KNEW they were listening to propaganda!
Right?? Why is it so hard to think for yourself? Lemmings, the whole lot of 'em

Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Right?? Why is it so hard to think for yourself? Lemmings, the whole lot of 'em
Because Americans have become lazy. They have short term memories and shorter attention spans. Critical thinkng has become a lost art. Oh....I could go on!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Because Americans have become lazy. They have short term memories and shorter attention spans. Critical thinkng has become a lost art. Oh....I could go on!
Yep, we're great at suckage...as in time sucking, consumer goods sucking, etc. So wasteful. Anyway, we're also aces at placing the blame on others...oh & we're sue-happy, just suing away for anything. But I digress, people are lazy & can't remember how to think for themselves, agreed. What a sad state of affairs.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM

We don't produce anything in this country anymore (except maybe whiners and self-entitled consumers). We are a nation of consumers. People are flocking to politicians who aren't saying anything new, let alone intent on doing anything new, yet the masses seem to be mezmorized by this "new rhetoric." Yeah......bite me already. But...I just sound like a b*tchy cranky pants right now. I need to take my frustrations out on a hot fighter pilot right now. Let me work on that.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Critical thinkng has become a lost art. Oh....I could go on!
Please do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska