Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 05:31 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times

Advertisements

Oh, man, all the crazies are about to come out of the woodwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 08:00 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,100,771 times
Don't they always?? lol

For some reason I was thinking Dunleavy would appoint someone then we'd vote in the regular elections, but Met is probably right.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
The special election thing is new. According to this, Dumleavy will choose the dates and whoever wins will serve until the Nov. election.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2022/03...rep-don-young/

Palin was babbling something about running for the office. If this comes to pass, I'll have to remember to mute my TV during her airtime; her voice always makes my dogs howl.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:15 PM

1,809 posts, read 897,070 times
Nick Begich is going to run. Hopefully some other Republican will step up and throw their hat in.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/20...ouse-election/

Old 03-21-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Palin was babbling something about running for the office.
Sweet baby Jesus

Old 03-23-2022, 10:37 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,703,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Palin was babbling something about running for the office. If this comes to pass, I'll have to remember to mute my TV during her airtime; her voice always makes my dogs howl.
Palin makes it a habit to periodically pretend to be interested in running - for President, for Senate, for Governor (again). Now, the House. She craves the attention, and it probably stokes a least a few royalties from the book she 'wrote' and/or some streams of her inane reality TV show of years gone by.

Running for office is hard work. There's no sign she's actually interested in that.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Palin makes it a habit to periodically pretend to be interested in running - for President, for Senate, for Governor (again). Now, the House. She craves the attention, and it probably stokes a least a few royalties from the book she 'wrote' and/or some streams of her inane reality TV show of years gone by.

Running for office is hard work. There's no sign she's actually interested in that.
Yes, this is common knowledge. I don't think anyone here thinks she'll actually run.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-23-2022 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-23-2022, 02:01 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,475,440 times
I will say something good about Don Young dating back to the mid-1970s. I was running the men's rec league basketball program in Fairbanks then. We played our games in the evening at Lathrop HS. Lathrop went to double shifting in 74-75 and 75-76, before West Valley HS opened. This caused the school day to extend very late and pushed our games even later in 74-75. First games of the night started at 9:15pm and the second games at 10:45pm.

Lots of our players didn't like this so over the next summer I spent some time looking around for other gyms. I realized Ft. Wainwright had two gyms for their enlisted folks' recreation, with Gym #2 hardly being used at all. So I approached the post commander about our league playing some of our games there. He basically said h*ll no. So I then reached out to all 3 of our congressional delegation. Neither senator or their staff responded at all to me. Young's staff called me back, listened to what I was asking for, and within a week I got a call from the post commander's office telling me we could play our games at Gym #2.

I know Young had his issues, but he sure was there for us when we needed some leverage on the Army. And this never made the news, he never boasted about providing us with help. I'm probably the only one that ever knew of this, other than his staff. That made him a good guy to me and I always voted from him after that until we left Alaska in 1989.

Old 03-26-2022, 09:04 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

Palin: … I’m going to throw my hat in the ring because we need people that have cajones. We need people like Donald Trump who has nothing to lose like me. We got nothing to lose and no more of this vanilla milquetoast namby-pamby wussy ***** stuff…

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1507...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 03-26-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Palin: … I’m going to throw my hat in the ring because we need people that have cajones. We need people like Donald Trump who has nothing to lose like me. We got nothing to lose and no more of this vanilla milquetoast namby-pamby wussy ***** stuff…

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1507...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Sweet mother of pearl I thought you were joking /cringe.

My god she's embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska