Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:50 PM

457 posts, read 1,015,921 times

Advertisements

Lets admit the collectivists have shanghied the USA Republic. Point Blank Period. For anyone to support any US Politican is a total brainwashed sheep. Turn off the TV and think ! BEST BRAINWASHING TOOL EVER EVOLVED INTO MASS HYPNOSIS MACHINE.

B.Owl-- 100 trillion$ total debt projected to 2015. Alaska is Good--- 30% will stand up. The people are in deep doodoo. when are the sheep gonna wake up Brother? (dumb question?)

Do the Idiots? aka 85% of so-called Americans have clue? NOT

I think living for /in Alaska has merit, a bit thin tho. Its come to take care of yourself NOW so One can help others later. Its THAT BAD.

We'll see when Alaska or even if the State declares " WERE DONE""! Possible

I have never seen a setup like this in history in 1000 years.

This will be Historic. remeber the last to happen when an Empire fails is; "THEY PILLAGE THE TREASURY" . Your watching it NOW sheep!

Take care of your own and I'll see you later. Going to the PLACE.

Good luck to whomever reads this. MM

P.S. Reccomendation - tip ;If your young and in college you have a chance to be someone. Lots of area in the interior that were burned over the last 10 years and that dead timber is still standing, ready for cabin building and prime firewood for heating. , big regions around Tok . Thats what I did. For the 20 Y Olds, get an asistant hunting liscence-- best avenue to become an Alaskan and learn the ways and become a part of the region. In college? get in high priorty medical care, not some simple theory but application, low level surgery, bush EMT advanced, thats what I would do.The Us will hit critical mass in 2010-- look up the DOW youngsters, you get one shot my friend. A degree in IT imaging or art histroy? your toast unless in Harvard and connected.

YouTube - Ayn Rand Mike Wallace Interview (1/3)
This is my kind of women, 3 parts ' Bravo . (notice whats in Wallaces right hand-- before CONTROLL?)

Last edited by Manmountain; 02-16-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,486,409 times
Default thats the problem

Yup Northword, when a grill gets really seasoned it's always a bit...ripe...on the inside.

That's the problem. You or I can't smell it when it cools down, but the bears sure can. The one I've got is a fairly heavy forged aluminum rig (it's propane, BTW), and I make sure that I always burn off as much as I can of the remaining grease by really cooking it on HI with the lid down after I'm done grilling. So far we haven't had any bears up on the deck...knock on wood. It also helps that I don't cook a lot of high-fat food like hamburger on the grill, mostly lean meat and fish. Still, it's probably only a matter of time till a bear gets an irresistible whiff and rolls it off into the bushes.

Same problem with smokers, they can still smell last years fish in it when they wake up in the spring and they're roaming around famished and looking for some grub. A working fish smoker is pretty much the perfect aerosol bear attractant device. The only thing that works better for drawing them in has gotta be either a garbage dump or a chicken coop.

A lot of the chickens around here didn't do so well last summer, for some reason.

Last edited by rotorhead; 02-17-2009 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: cuz

Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 AM

4 posts, read 7,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
New Hampshire doesn't seem to have done anything. It looks like a few kooks in their legislature have introduced a rather ridiculous resolution, which has been referred to committee to almost certainly never be voted on by the legislature much less passed.

You have to actually read these articles, you know.

I actually read the resolution and understand it, it wasn't really that hard to grasp the meaning of it.

In your view (as gathered by your "response"), a person or person(s) with independent thoughts and one whom believes in a "GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE", is a "kook".

In your view, a group of people reaffirming their 'rights' as was done with the NH legislators sponsoring resolution HCR 0006 are "kooks".

Speaking of reading, have you not studied the Constitution of this United States my friend? Look it up on the internet sometime, it starts with "WE THE PEOPLE" (in case you can't find it or don't know how to search for it). You will then gain an appreciation for, or better yet possibly, really understand what principals this country was founded upon.

"Kooks" (as you refer to them as) are actually the same type of people that gave you the ability to speak your mind today, no matter how silly, ridiculous, boring or stupid one may be. Isn't that great?

Now, try not to be so closed-minded of other people's views.

Last edited by kinnaq; 02-17-2009 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: I took pity on F.D.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:14 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Now, "We The People" only refers to the social elite and not the rest of us in the peon class. We gave up our rights once we started worshiping elected officials and movie stars. Next time you turn on the tube try to find out when the Plumbers Award show comes on. Or even the Roofers Gala. No, us mere laborers are no longer a part of "We the People".

Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnaq View Post
I actually read the resolution and understand it, it wasn't really that hard to grasp the meaning of it.
But the question was whether you had read the cited article, not if you'd read the resolution. You need to read more carefully... :-)

Quote:
In your view (as gathered by your "response"),
I express my view. You don't. Please don't try to foist off your ill read ideas as mine!
Quote:
a person or person(s) with independent thoughts and one whom believes in a "GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE", is a "kook".
Why would you believe that?

There are lots of kooks who don't agree with that, and lots who do. Where ever do you get the idea that that defines a kook?

Quote:
In your view,
My view is what I state. Your view is what you state.

Quote:
a group of people reaffirming their 'rights' as was done with the NH legislators sponsoring resolution HCR 0006 are "kooks".
Why do you believe that?

There are indeed a group of kooks in the NH Legislature, and they did sponsor HCR 0006, but certainly not for the reasons you've cited. You probably should read the resolution again, read the previously cited article again, and carefully read what I had to say about it previously too. You seem to be missing a lot of the significance of what each says.
Quote:
Speaking of reading, have you not studied the Constitution of this United States my friend? Look it up on the internet sometime, it starts with "WE THE PEOPLE" (in case you can't find it or don't know how to search for it). You will then gain an appreciation for, or better yet possibly, really understand what principals this country was founded upon.
Long long ago, I took a course on the US Constitution. I was the top student in the class, and scored 100% on every single test. Granted that was a few years back, but now I also have the advantage of "history" to provide a valid perspective on the meaning of such phrases as "We The People". (You should note just for starters that they did not say, or mean, "We, ALL of the people..."
Quote:
"Kooks" (as you refer to them as) are actually the same type of people that gave you the ability to speak your mind today, no matter how silly, ridiculous, boring or stupid one may be. Isn't that great?
That is false.
Quote:
You should come up with better views. There are enough kooks on posting to this forum.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 AM

4 posts, read 7,513 times
I was polite as could be, but you no longer warrant civility with your inane response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnaq

Floyd: But the question was whether you had read the cited article, not if you'd read the resolution. You need to read more carefully... :-)

Now you are babbling nonsense. I read the "article" and I read the "resolution". What is your point? You have lost it or never did "get it".
Quote:
In your view (as gathered by your "response"),
Floyd: I express my view. You don't. Please don't try to foist off your ill read ideas as mine!

What the hell are you babbling about again? You can't just cut and paste part of a sentence, it changes the meaning of it. I never did offer to "express" your view, don't put words in my mouth.
Quote:
a person or person(s) with independent thoughts and one whom believes in a "GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE", is a "kook".
Floyd: Why would you believe that?

There are lots of kooks who don't agree with that, and lots who do. Where ever do you get the idea that that defines a kook?

There you go again, cutting parts of a sentence to make it appear completely different in meaning. I never called these people "kooks", YOU DID. Read your own writing, are you on drugs?

Quote:
In your view,
Floyd: My view is what I state. Your view is what you state.

?? Where do you get your bizarre reasoning from? You cut three words out of about a 39 word sentence and try to make up something that wasn't there in the beginning. Do you even know what you are saying and how ridiculous it sounds?

Quote:
a group of people reaffirming their 'rights' as was done with the NH legislators sponsoring resolution HCR 0006 are "kooks".
Floyd: Why do you believe that?

Floyd: There are indeed a group of kooks in the NH Legislature, and they did sponsor HCR 0006, but certainly not for the reasons you've cited. You probably should read the resolution again, read the previously cited article again, and carefully read what I had to say about it previously too. You seem to be missing a lot of the significance of what each says.

There you go again, picking and choosing parts and trying to make them into nothing like they were written. I don't believe they were "kooks", YOU DO. Remember, you are the one calling them KOOKS.
Quote:
Floyd: Long long ago, I took a course on the US Constitution. I was the top student in the class, and scored 100% on every single test. Granted that was a few years back, but now I also have the advantage of "history" to provide a valid perspective on the meaning of such phrases as "We The People". (You should note just for starters that they did not say, or mean, "We, ALL of the people..."

Hmm...a self-described genius, are you? Then why does the simplest of statements seem to elude you?
Quote:
Floyd: That is false.

What is false? qualify your statement with examples or facts. Is it the people that you called kooks, because they believe in reaffirming their God given rights? Are they false?
Quote:
Floyd: You should come up with better views. There are enough kooks on posting to this forum.

Yes, are there are "enough" kooks posting on this forum, I am so far unable to communicate intelligently with one right at this moment. Who could that be?

Now, because I asked you to be open-minded to, or of other people's views, you replied with: "You should come up with better views" and "there are enough kooks posting on this forum"?

You can't see, nor will you ever understand that - with your very illogical reply - you have really spoken volumes about yourself.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska