Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Wow, I think that kool aid you have been drinking fermented a bit...

So after you celebrate, you head on down to McDonald's and scarf down a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder. Then you check out your new leather shoes after driving around on your "Heated" Leather seats in the BMW...

You really are clueless to what hunting is about, but even more so what a slaughter house is about...

Fact you don't like Palin is really a side show to what you are.... clueless...
And you can see Russia from your back door! No, I do not eat any meat am a vegetarian. And no, I do not own any leather products. And no, my new sports car does not have leather seats! And no, I drink healthy, you can keep the kool aid. The animals in a slaughter house have no choice. The animals you guys shoot do not either. Sad! You are all just in their way. I also know baby seals are also clubbed in alaska too! Reread your post, it is very silly and immature!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Reread your post, it is very silly and immature!
Odd, that's how I read your posts. When you care to have a reasoned discussion get back to us...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
And you can see Russia from your back door! No, I do not eat any meat am a vegetarian. And no, I do not own any leather products. And no, my new sports car does not have leather seats! And no, I drink healthy, you can keep the kool aid. The animals in a slaughter house have no choice. The animals you guys shoot do not either. Sad! You are all just in their way. I also know baby seals are also clubbed in alaska too! Reread your post, it is very silly and immature!
careful people...she might be one of THEM!!! PETA shhhh......Guido come out come out where ever you are and get her!!! Bear attacks in northern Alaska-seakitty.jpg

Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
Rance, have you clubbed any baby seals this year? I missed out on my quota.

Jeez, lady,last time I checked, the seal harvest was for subsistence only and is usually only done by subsistence hunters (that means that they are eating the meat they harvest, not "trophy" hunting). My kids were raised right and know that NOTHING is to be wasted. Fish caught are to be eaten. Animals are only hunted for MEAT. I have no trophies hanging in the house, because there isn't room on the walls. But having said that, no one I know of kills an animal just for kicks.

And as a member of the food chain, I know I could wind up in the belly of some beast if I allow it by stupidity. It's called natural selection. Darwin had a couple of things to say about it. And if you're a member of the religious right, the Bible says God gave us dominion over the animal kingdom. Look, you come in here with your self-righteous platitudes, babbling about how we live. Clean up your own state, then come up here and you can start on us when you have to acclimatize yourself to the environment (and I don't mean weather!).

People die in Florida from gator attacks and YOUr Fish and Game people have to track and eliminate the animal. Eliminate means kill here, by the way. Not relocate. Unless by relocation you mean to a landfill. I see those massive rodents along the waterways are killed on a regular basis by the F&G people down there. Or is their resemblance to a giant rat a prerequisite for daily kills. Aren't they animals too. What happened to thir "rights"? You kno- Order Mammalia and all that. Is their phylum too close to Norway rat?

You don't get to pick and choose here. Ride some of those folks killing manatees in the glades. It's your hobbyhorse, so ride it in your neck of the woods. Or are the "rednecks" too dangerously close for you to deal with, and we Alaskan hicks are conveniently on the other side of the continent?

Sheeesh, grow a neuron or two and lay off of us.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Alligator Killed In Florida - 23 ft Monster!!! Look at the size of him! in In The News in History Channel

Alligators - Plant Management in Florida Waters (http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/guide/alligators.html - broken link)

Florida Residents Cause Bear To Be Killed : Florida Hunting Today

Yep, Florida doesn't kill bears or gators. Poke salad Annie lives because Grannie got et by a gator and no one kills gators any more. Tourist shops don't sell gator hide boots and shoes. And Bambi doesn't get hunted at all down in this Eastern version of La La Land.

Lady, I need some of that weed you're smoking. Reality tends to bite me on the butt, and fantasy land isn't just in Orlando - it's alive and well in that sinkhole you call a brain.
No weed here, your problem is the lack of sunshine in alaska. It affects the brain. Most people cannot deal with it. It affects them mentally. Just read it online! How can anyone think normal when they live most of their life in total darkness! And who would want too? Wierd! All these reply posts are an insult to my intelligence! Have fun, I am going to the beach now.

Maybe you can educate yourselves!
http://www.freestateproject.org/arch...ts/alaska3.php

Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
careful people...she might be one of THEM!!! PETA shhhh......Guido come out come out where ever you are and get her!!! Attachment 37345
One last thing....PETA does more damage than good. They are a bunch of nonsensical radicals! As most alaskans are! Glad to see you posted a pic of what you look like when you look in the mirror! Thanx for the pic!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times
Quote:
No weed here, your problem is the lack of sunshine in alaska. It affects the brain. Most people cannot deal with it. It affects them mentally. Just read it online! How can anyone think normal when they live most of their life in total darkness! And who would want too? Wierd! All these reply posts are an insult to my intelligence! Have fun, I am going to the beach now.

Maybe you can educate yourselves!
State Report AK 3: A Short Report on Alaska [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]
Figured it out you have gotten to much sunshine and it has fried your brain.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
And what in the article am I supposed to educate myself on? The article clearly states that poachers are fined and/or jailed and that most Alaskans wouldn't think twice about turning in a poacher. I get twice as much daylight in the summer as anyone in Florida. I have daylight from 8 AM until 6 PM at the moment. Yep, can't see my driveway from that orange ball in the sky, and what the heck is that thing anyway?

We live a lot closer to nature here in the city than anyone in the megacities of Miami, Orlando, etc. I have moose in my yard (not the park, or in the mountains 5 miles away) on at least 10 days a year. We have them in the parking lot at work on a dozen days a year. On a busy 4-lane street. We live with bears in the city and our kids are taught wildlife awareness in the schools. Are yours? We teach our kids to avoid moose and bears and techniques to deal with them. In a city of 300,000 people. Our kids know what not to do to antagonize the animals and that the animals are dangerous in the best of situations.

They belong here in the city, too. No one in Anchorage wants to hunt the urbanized moose. The bears come down out of the hills in summer to fish the streams, and no one wants them shot out of hand either. People are fined for leaving their garbage in a bear accessible locations longer than overnight. We have sows and cubs living alongside Campbell Creek in the middle of town, and kids fish that stream too. We only had three bears attack people in the city last year, and no one was killed (it did come close). Fish and Game are on the ball and they have transponders on about a third of the bears. I LIKE bears and moose in my city. Personally, I don't think you would put up with either. You have a very seriously closed mind and would probably screech to the heavens if a mouse came into your house, let alone one of our local shrews. Go ahead and hit the beach lady. I will take the mountains and streams of Anchorage any day of the week and twice on Sunday to avoid the crowds of uneducated "animal lovers" like you.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
Figured it out you have gotten to much sunshine and it has fried your brain.
She can have fun with them liver spots on the beach! Too much sun!

Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska