Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,701,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecountry View Post
Global warming...figures it's not happening.
The scientific community is unanimous that it IS occuring.
Every study that has been peer reviewed (Not funded by Palin and her croones) has supported 100% that is happening.
Next time you go wolf hunting in your airplane...if you are not too busy the evidence is right in front.

In fact...maybe the loss of species in your state is due to this and not the wolves.

If YOU ever studied science, and your AK public school propoganda does not count, you might know.
And what does this have to do with Wasilla. Go away little troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Well, I have lived in the Valley on and off since 1969. I have watched it change a lot in that time. I suppose you could say that Wasilla is the Meth capital of Alaska...at least that's what all the "progressive" blogs say. Who knows, it may be true.
In the last four years there have been a grand total of 29 meth labs in the state, 6 of those (20.7%) in the Wasilla and surrounding area. Pick any city with the population the same size as Alaska and you will find an order of magnitude more meth labs in those cities than you will find in Alaska.

Source: Illegal Drug Manufacturing Sites

Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 03-11-2009 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
In the last four years there have been a grand total of 29 meth labs in the state, 6 of those (20.7%) in the Wasilla and surrounding area. Pick any city with the population the same size as Alaska and you will find an order of magnitude more meth labs in those cities than you will find in Alaska.

Some posters, who do not live in Alaska, clearly hate Alaska and are motivated to spread lies and spew bile.
I was looking for that info but couldn't find it. Thanks for showing that...tried to rep you.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
That would be meth labs busted in the state, not the "grand total of meth labs". Reports such as the one you posted are not really accurate representations of drug activity in a given community as there are too many other variables at play.

I suppose that the State Troopers who were the first to refer to Wasilla as the "meth capital of Alaska" are "spewing hatred and bile as well".

Juneau Empire Story Archive

Quote:
WASILLA - The Matanuska-Susitna area is the methamphetamine capital of Alaska, according to Alaska State Troopers.
In 2003, authorities uncovered nine meth labs in the area. Last year, the number increased to 42, said Kyle Young, an investigator with the troopers who works with the Mat-Su narcotics team.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-10-2009 at 02:55 PM..

Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM

218 posts, read 518,578 times
Even if it is the meth capital of the state, it's like saying that Concorde is the murder capital of New Hampshire even though NH's murder rate is one of the lowest in the country.

All valid statistics are based on busted (confirmed) meth labs, Alaskas statistics are not special in that regard.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 6,723 times
meth/tweekers in wasilla ? this is just what i am trying to escape from.... i would think it cant be as bad as it is here in oregon... tell me more before i move

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,228,177 times
Wasilla is nicknamed the meth capitol of Alaska. There were about 10 meth labs busted last year out there. For the population, that is a very large number of labs. But it isn't like they stand on the corners and sell the stuff there. It's primarily for the consumption of the meth addicts in Anchorage, a much larger city. The reason they use the valley, is that there are widely separated houses in a largely semi-rural setting. Easier to hide from neighbors prying eyes.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
Met do you have any articles that are current? 2003 was awhile ago.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Wasilla is nicknamed the meth capitol of Alaska. There were about 10 meth labs busted last year out there. For the population, that is a very large number of labs. But it isn't like they stand on the corners and sell the stuff there. It's primarily for the consumption of the meth addicts in Anchorage, a much larger city. The reason they use the valley, is that there are widely separated houses in a largely semi-rural setting. Easier to hide from neighbors prying eyes.
I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it is not correct. First, only those who have an unnatural hatred for Wasilla and its residents nickname Wasilla the "meth capital of Alaska".

Second, there have been a grand total of six (6) meth labs located in the Wasilla area in the last six (6) years, and none last year.

You are way off the mark on this one mal.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_A_helicopter View Post
meth/tweekers in wasilla ? this is just what i am trying to escape from.... i would think it cant be as bad as it is here in oregon... tell me more before i move
Consider the course. Those who claim Wasilla is the "meth capital of Alaska" provide nothing to support their claim except lies.

Alaska law enforcement is required by law to report any meth lab they encounter to the Department of Environmental Conservation which posts the information on-line.

You can find the current listing of every meth lab reported to DEC in the state at: http://www.dec.state.ak.us/spar/perp...ab_listing.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska