Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 PM

322 posts, read 902,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Hopefully the OP understands that it will be some time before her family can receive the pfd.

I recall years ago when the pfd was a grand, a family of 13 moved to SE, collected the money, and then scrammed back south on the next ferry. They'd lived here six months.

This was well before the stringent residency requirements that presently exist were put into place. The first few years, all they had to do was be present in AK for 6 months.
I know I warned them somewhere that if they move in April, they won't get any PFD money until October 2011. Also, I pointed out that considering Houston has a relatively low COL and Anchorage has a relatively high one, moving here to collect PFD's isn't really worth the money. If I had to compare the two places and I didn't know anyone or have a social network or employment or any particular reason to be either place, so I was starting from scratch, Houston would win over Anchorage any day of the week in my mind. I'm not saying there aren't better places than either, just that if I were choosing between Houston and Anchorage, Houston would win as far as a place where I thought it would be good to raise a family and have the most opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
The GG and I will take you all on...IF he makes it home
I hope he does we are supposed to get to the range on Thursday while the women, that would be you and akvarmit, puppy sit for us..

As far as the card game. That would be a blast all six of us should get together for a game..

Sorry, back on topic although the original poster seems to have gone MIA.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 PM

319 posts, read 963,145 times
Default se

Quote:
Hopefully the OP understands that it will be some time before her family can receive the pfd.

I recall years ago when the pfd was a grand, a family of 13 moved to SE, collected the money, and then scrammed back south on the next ferry. They'd lived here six months.

This was well before the stringent residency requirements that presently exist were put into place. The first few years, all they had to do was be present in AK for 6 months.
i love se. sitka,hoonah spent lots of nights in the web shed in hoonah.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Default allow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I hope he does we are supposed to get to the range on Thursday while the women, that would be you and akvarmit, puppy sit for us..

As far as the card game. That would be a blast all six of us should get together for a game..

yes it would be nice if they moved up here and we could all play cards.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Default ranching

hey what about raindeer?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM

Default go

got to go grand daughters are taking the computer away.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

Why not name is AK chat 4...LOL
Yes she seems to have bailed...huh

I think the 6 of us together for cards would be a hoot. Just let us know when...

Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Maybe next weekend?? I'll have to ok this with the boss.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,070 times
Sounds good on this end.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 PM

126 posts, read 299,556 times
Quote:
Have you considered moving to Wasilla?
Yes,I have considered it.Can you tell me anything about Wasilla?Is there plenty of work there?Are there any trailerparks there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska